Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Vendor master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to archive vendor master with the object FI_ACCPAYB Vendor master data

I am able to archive the company code and the purchasing data by the series of steps I execute. As a result the entries are deleted from the database tables, LFB1 and LFM1.

However, the data from the table LFA1 is never deleted. Does archiving not delete the general data for the vendor master?

With Kind Regards

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

I believe you are missing archiving the "general data" step for vendor masters. Depending on the release you are at, you either need to make sure the "General master records" check box is selected in the prepare job (release 4.6C), or the "Data to be Archived" selection is set to "General Data" (release ECC 6.0).

Here is some additional information:

Definition

Vendor master data is archived and deleted using the archiving object FI_ACCPAYB.

Use

Vendor master data is stored in three different areas, and therefore also archived in three different areas:

● General data

● FI data (company code-specific)

● MM data (purchasing organization-specific)

To be able to archive, you must set the deletion flag in the master record. You can set this flag for a complete vendor or for individual company codes or purchasing organizations.

Use

In order for the system to only archive data that is no longer needed in current business processes, this data must meet certain conditions. To make sure the data to be archived meets these conditions, the write program performs several checks.

Master data is only eligible for archiving if you have set the deletion flag in the master record in each area.

When you archive general data for vendor master records, the system automatically checks whether the following conditions have been met:

· The deletion flag is set.

· The vendor is not locked for deletion.

· Dependent data of the following types no longer exists in the system:

¡ Business partner of the vendor

¡ Vendor plants

¡ Customer/Vendor links

¡ Company code-specific data (FI data)

¡ Purchasing data (MM data)

¡ Vendor partner roles

Additional checks may be implemented in your system via the BAdI FI_ACCPAYB_CHECK.

When you archive FI data for vendor master records, the system automatically checks whether the following conditions have been met:

· The vendor is not locked for deletion.

¡ Transaction figures

¡ Special general ledger transaction figures

¡ Open items

¡ Cleared items

¡ Store items

¡ Customer/Vendor links

¡ Parked documents

Additional checks may be implemented in your system via the BAdI FI_ACCPAYB_CHECK_FI.

When you archive MM data for vendor master records, the system automatically checks whether the following conditions have been met:

¡ Purchasing documents

¡ Purchasing info records

¡ Vendor partner roles

Additional checks may be implemented in your system via the BAdI FI_ACCPAYB_CHECK_MM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your responses.

I must confirm that I have selected the 'General Data' check box in the variants.

Besides, I created a new vendor to archive it, so that all the possibilities of dependent documents is ruled out.

However, nothing works in getting rid of the general data of vendor. Can you please test at your end.

The vendor account group sets it as internal number range. We basically, want to get rid of unnecessary vendors from the F4 help.

With Kind Regards

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue was resolved. There is an important points regarding Vendor Archiving:

The general data cannot be deleted if any of the organizational data exists.

Following the above principle, I was successfully able to archive the vendor in the test system.

Thank you all for your help.

With Kind Regards

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

I haven't been involved directly in vendor archiving to comment specifically. However if you check in F58A or SARA (with object FI_ACCPAYB), you can get a list of all the database tables associated with the archiving object that will be deleted (LFA1 is one of them - click on the <i>Database Tables</i> button at the top of the screen in F58A). So, I would not think that the archiving run will not delete entries in LFA1 normally. There could be entries that are not deleted on account of dependencies. What did the log of the archiving job tell you when you ran the job?

H Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be due to some records that still exist in the system which use this vendor.

Probably there are some PO's PR's RFQ's and source lists using this vendor .

Check for them and then retry it.

System is still trying to keep top level data to keep them in sysc.

My 2 cents

-

AH