cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Portal hangs after apply Patch 41, EP 6.0 SP2 with cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am migrating my E.P 6.0 SP2 to E.P. 7.0.

As you know, the first phase of the process it is migrate the E.P source at least to the patch 28. I have installed the Patch 41.

After applying Patch 41, in the Production environment, the Portal in the stand alone way works correctly, but when I start the second node of the cluster Portal hangs and it generates the following error:

<i>

Oct 15, 2007 6:23:40 AM # Thread-329 Fatal Error while calling getValidityDate(String,String) on LicenseChecker object.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLast_(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:161)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLastItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:145)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:131)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.ConnectionStorage.getWriteLockConnection(ConnectionStorage.java:396)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.QConnection.beforeOperation(QConnection.java:44)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.beforeOperation(XAQConnection.java:112)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.getAutoCommit(XAQConnection.java:139)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.J2EEConnectionPool.getConnection(J2EEConnectionPool.java:194)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.doSearch(DataBasePersistence.java:3320)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.searchPrincipalDatabags(DataBasePersistence.java:2298)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.searchPrincipalDatabagsInternal(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:3742)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.searchPrincipalDatabags(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:3275)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalFactory.searchPrincipals(PrincipalFactory.java:1323)

at com.sapportals.portal.license.LiKeyPersistence.getPersistenceObject(LiKeyPersistence.java:59)

at com.sapportals.portal.license.LiKeyPersistence.getKey(LiKeyPersistence.java:119)

at com.sap.security.core.server.likey.LicenseChecker.getValidityDate(LicenseChecker.java:666)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.WAS620.LicenseChecker620.getValidityDate(LicenseChecker620.java:65)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LicenseService.doTheCheck(LicenseService.java:483)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LT.run(LT.java:43)

#

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLast_(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:161)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLastItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:145)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:131)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.ConnectionStorage.getWriteLockConnection(ConnectionStorage.java:396)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.QConnection.beforeOperation(QConnection.java:44)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.beforeOperation(XAQConnection.java:112)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.getAutoCommit(XAQConnection.java:139)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.J2EEConnectionPool.getConnection(J2EEConnectionPool.java:194)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.principalDatabagExists(DataBasePersistence.java:2033)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.principalDatabagExists(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:2182)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getPrincipalDatabag(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:2366)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.Principal.init(Principal.java:474)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.AbstractPrincipal.<init>(AbstractPrincipal.java:85)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.Principal.<init>(Principal.java:35)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalFactory.getReadonlyPrincipal(PrincipalFactory.java:522)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalWrapper.getCachedPrincipal(PrincipalWrapper.java:111)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalWrapper.getAttribute(PrincipalWrapper.java:71)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LicenseService.doTheCheck(LicenseService.java:521)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LT.run(LT.java:43)</i>

I applied the note 777681, but the error persists.

Moreover, after apply the Patch 41, the backup state controller can't start if the main state controller is not working.

I can't reproduce the error in my Development or Integration environments because there isn't a cluster configuration in them.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ramon

kindly elaborate on ur querry as in which OS version u are using & which DB version u are using....

for Migrating the EP 6 to EP 7

u only need to get EP6 SP16 minimum requirement for ur upgrade to EP 7.0

and if using oracle it should be 9.2.0.6 before upgrading.

kindly follow this strictly so as to go for a smooth upgrade

kindly follow SAP Note 723909 for JVM settings with respect to ur OS & DB version

if need any help kindly contact me on shoebmali@gmail.com

<b>kindly PLZ assign points</b>

regards

Shoeb