Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Urgent: Portal hangs after apply Patch 41, EP 6.0 SP2 with cluster

Hi!

I am migrating my E.P 6.0 SP2 to E.P. 7.0.

As you know, the first phase of the process it is migrate the E.P source at least to the patch 28. I have installed the Patch 41.

After applying Patch 41, in the Production environment, the Portal in the stand alone way works correctly, but when I start the second node of the cluster Portal hangs and it generates the following error:

<i>

Oct 15, 2007 6:23:40 AM # Thread-329 Fatal Error while calling getValidityDate(String,String) on LicenseChecker object.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLast_(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:161)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLastItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:145)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:131)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.ConnectionStorage.getWriteLockConnection(ConnectionStorage.java:396)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.QConnection.beforeOperation(QConnection.java:44)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.beforeOperation(XAQConnection.java:112)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.getAutoCommit(XAQConnection.java:139)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.J2EEConnectionPool.getConnection(J2EEConnectionPool.java:194)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.doSearch(DataBasePersistence.java:3320)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.searchPrincipalDatabags(DataBasePersistence.java:2298)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.searchPrincipalDatabagsInternal(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:3742)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.searchPrincipalDatabags(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:3275)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalFactory.searchPrincipals(PrincipalFactory.java:1323)

at com.sapportals.portal.license.LiKeyPersistence.getPersistenceObject(LiKeyPersistence.java:59)

at com.sapportals.portal.license.LiKeyPersistence.getKey(LiKeyPersistence.java:119)

at com.sap.security.core.server.likey.LicenseChecker.getValidityDate(LicenseChecker.java:666)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.WAS620.LicenseChecker620.getValidityDate(LicenseChecker620.java:65)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LicenseService.doTheCheck(LicenseService.java:483)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LT.run(LT.java:43)

#

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLast_(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:161)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addLastItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:145)

at com.inqmy.lib.util.base.BaseDoublyLinkedList.addItem(BaseDoublyLinkedList.java:131)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.ConnectionStorage.getWriteLockConnection(ConnectionStorage.java:396)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.QConnection.beforeOperation(QConnection.java:44)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.beforeOperation(XAQConnection.java:112)

at com.inqmy.services.dbpool.XAQConnection.getAutoCommit(XAQConnection.java:139)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.J2EEConnectionPool.getConnection(J2EEConnectionPool.java:194)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.datasource.imp.DataBasePersistence.principalDatabagExists(DataBasePersistence.java:2033)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.principalDatabagExists(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:2182)

at com.sap.security.core.persistence.imp.PrincipalDatabagFactory.getPrincipalDatabag(PrincipalDatabagFactory.java:2366)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.Principal.init(Principal.java:474)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.AbstractPrincipal.<init>(AbstractPrincipal.java:85)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.Principal.<init>(Principal.java:35)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalFactory.getReadonlyPrincipal(PrincipalFactory.java:522)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalWrapper.getCachedPrincipal(PrincipalWrapper.java:111)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.PrincipalWrapper.getAttribute(PrincipalWrapper.java:71)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LicenseService.doTheCheck(LicenseService.java:521)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.license.LT.run(LT.java:43)</i>

I applied the note 777681, but the error persists.

Moreover, after apply the Patch 41, the backup state controller can't start if the main state controller is not working.

I can't reproduce the error in my Development or Integration environments because there isn't a cluster configuration in them.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question