cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML from Business Logic Web Service Call

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am calling a web service from a BL transaction and I want to take the return XML add and extra column to the document, then loop through the document and add a value to this new column.

I can call the WS and access the rows returned by looping through the data , but I cannot access the full XML document returned.

My plan is to assign the full XML output fromt the WS to a local xml variable, add then add a column.

I have tried every option under the "WebserviceActionBlockName"Response node, but never get the value.

Any Ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think probably you need to first convert the WS response into a Illum Doc , which you would probably be able to do as you say you can loop through the rows . It would then be easy to add a new column to the Illum Doc using the COLUMN action.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

Create a Illum Doc and configure that with All the columns that are being returned by WS (if you need those columns ) along with the new column that you want to Add. Now Iterate through the WS response with Repeater action and use Row Action, Configure that with Illum Doc and using link editor, Map the entries in Row object with that of WS repeater.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Rupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is basically what I did. I was hoping to automatically create the schema of the illum doc w/ the results of the web service...this way if it WS changes it automoatically updates the Illum doc....doesn't look like that is possible.

This way works though...

thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos

You can always apply an XSL transform to the response XML to look like it was an Illuminator Document.

Sam