cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing Availability Checks in Sales orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

Can i easily change the Availability Check in a sales order?

i have 5 sales orde rtypes, and I sometimes want to change the Availability Check, how can i manage this?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saping

Availability check can be configured both at requiremnt class and at the schedule line categories level.

Whilst the availabilty check at the requirement class level via global and mandatory configuration the schedule line catgry availability check deals with the order.

It is mandatory that the reqmnt class is flagged off for avlblty check and the schdelu line cat need not be.

The following are the mandatory for Availability check to happen--

1. Must be swithced on at the requirment class level and at the schedule line level.

2. Reqmnt type must exist by which a requiremnt class can be found

3. There must exist a plant and is defined

4.Checking group must be defined in Material Master records(it controls whthr the system is to create individual or collective reqmnt)

A combination of checking gropup and checking rule will determine the scope of availbaility check.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hello,

Availabity check is not related to order types, its related to your material.

You cannot change availabilty check in sales order as it flows from material master. if you want to change it you need to change before creating sales order as the change will reflect only in newly created orders not in the existing ones.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Availability check depends on a lot of parameters and can be set for a combination of the checking group and checking rule.

The checking group is derived from the MRP strategy. The strategy itself is derived from the MRP group or Material type or Item category and MRP combo etc.

The requirement type is available in the sales order. This is derived from the requirement class which in turn is dependent on the strategy.

Revert in case further clarifications are required.

Best regards,

Ronnie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are three types of availability checks

1. Availability Check with ATP Logic or Against Planning

2. Availability Check Against Product Allocation

3. Rule-based Availability Check

For ATP logic, the Checking group and Checking rule combination determines the availability check parameters. The checking group is maintained in the material master, and not to Sales order type. Hence you can control by having different groups attached to different materials.

If you have Advanced Planner Optimiser (APO) then you can use the Rule based availability check. You can attach a Business transaction to a Sales document type and thus control the availability check in sales order level also.

Refer the below extracts:

<b>Define business transaction</b>

Path : spro -- img -- sd -- BF -- Av chk and TOR --- Rule based availabilty check

In this step you can define the business transactions. These transactions must also be available in the APO planning system. Here the availability check control is carried out for the transactions.You can find the business transactions in the APO planning system (Field BPROC) under:

Global ATP -> Settings -> Rule-based ATP -> Conditions -> Assign rule strategy.

<b>Assign business transaction to sales order type</b> t code VOV8

In this IMG activity, you assign the actions you defined previously to the order types. This activates the availability check settings for this order type, that were maintained in the APO planning system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The availability check cannot be changed in sales order as it is predefined.

I guess you cannot have different availability check for different sales order types.

Basically the availability check is determined by checking rule and checking group.Based on the requirement type the availability check is determined

Please correct if i am wrong

Regards

Ramesh