cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro needs activation every week

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have DP macro to change key figure value only on future 13th week bucket. To identify 13 th week (from current week), I have used layout variable and IF condition.

The problem is macro does not identify 13 th week correctly every week, it works correctly first time. Next week, it identify 12 th week as 13 week, that means it does not keep track of rolling weeks. But if macro reactivated, it works correctly, but problem reoccurs next week. I don’t want to activate macro every week.

We have mixed time bucket profile, we use Fiscal periods. Data view has total 2 year horizon with first 56 weekly buckets and 11 fiscal periods buckets.

Macro is simple, looks like this:

Step:1 Set variable count = 1

Step2: Check all future iteration

IF count = 13.

Do .this..

Endif.

Count = Count + 1

Thanks,

BKN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm in your macro step that you do not have any date dependent or Automatic column adjustment checkboxes checked ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

'Future' radio button selected in Macro step. No automatic col adjustment is selected.

Thanks,

BKN

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would change that to "User-defined" instead of "Future". These automatically roll as time buckets roll by. Have the exact 13 periods that you want in that user-defined selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Before I had used 'User defined' for 13 weeks, but weeks didn't roll correctly. So I had to switch to 'Future' and use layout variable to limit 13 weeks. I tried 'Automatic col adjustment for' that didn't work either. The problem could be due to mixed timebuckets (56 weeks and 11 fiscal periods), but I cannot change time buckets.

I debugged the macro program, the variable 'ACT_COLUMN' suppose to have current week number but It has last week number. If I activate macro again, then variable holds the right value and macro works correctly, but problem occurs again next week.

Thanks,

BKN

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not exactly sure where the problem is. We have a similar situation where we use the user defined variable and it rolls through every week. if you are facing an issue with mixed buckets, ideally you should raise an OSS message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to create a OSS message.

Thanks for looking into this..