cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM40 and recreating SAP MMC

0 Kudos

I just finished installing solution manager 40 and during the install process the sap mmc was created too. My problem is the contents of sap mmc are gone (ms sql server, sap manager is blank. They did exist until I attempted to move the database files on the server.

I have been looking for notes on how to reconfigure the sapmmc for solution manager 40 but can't find what I think are applicable notes.

Can someone point me in the direction of applicable notes and/or instructions for recreating/rebuilding the sapmmc?

i found one note 373963 that says in the fixed server list just add the sid and instance(hostname and instance nbr). since this is nw204s sr2 it appears that i have a solman <sid = sm1) instance of 00 and 01 (abap and java)

i get this error

cannot connect to sap service webservice error 20 unknown

dcom interface error 80080005 server execution failed

Any thoughts or am I better off just un-installing and reinstalling solution manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

No, I could not find a log file. Since I had just installed SM and had not even done any configuration work, I have decided to uninstall and reinstall from scratch.

and go from there.

thanks for the advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try sapstartsrv /?

You've got nothing to loose since your re-installing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Have you got a log file

shailesh

0 Kudos

No I had not gotten that far. When I did the install, I found out that I had overlooked the specific placement of the sap database datafiles. After moving the datafile with sql server tools, I then noticed the sapmmc was gone. I do know that the sapmmc configuration was present at one time. It included the sql instance and sap instances entries in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to try manually installing sapstartsrv.exe from a command prompt, cant remember off hand, just do a /help or ? on the syntax. There will be an option to re-install DCOM or DLL's. Give it a try

Have you got a log file?(error log)

Message was edited by:

Derek Galt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install SAPGui on the server while the MMC was open?