cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator password is invalidated in Visual Admin after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After upgrading from EP6 SP14 to EP7 SP12, the Administrator password keeps getting invalidated in the Visual Administrator and NWA. I change the password in the configtool, but it never takes. I change the administrator password in identity management from the portal and then I can login to Visual Admin only after being prompted to change the password there first.

Any one ever see this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional information:

When I change the Administrator password in the Portal Identity Management area, I can login to the Visual Administrator after changing the password at the prompt first. Then, after a while, the password becomes locked. I check it in the Portal and it shows password locked (maybe it is getting locked due to a number of failed attempts).

So, I change the administrator password from the portal to Xxxxxx1 and when prompted from the visual admin, I change it back to Yyyyyyyy1. I can login to NWA or Visual Admin for a short time and then the password is locked again.

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is resolved. Our QA Portal is setup as a subscriber to our Production portal (syndicator) and is pulling documents from KM. After the upgrade of production, the Administrator password had expired and needed to change. We didn't change it on the subscriber side and it caused the number of failed login attempts to lock the Administrator user in the production portal.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Regards,

Rick