cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW - Update Business Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have import some BP master data , but i have to change the 'Cardcode'. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member839956
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Assalam o Alaikum

HI

i have import by Business partners with auto series through OCRD (DTW).

Now i want to update some additional information through DTW.

So what i should have to do.?

should i use the cardcode field or Series field to update my existing B.P.

a_grootens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could have a look at the Changer add-on from <a href="http://www.crgroupsolutions.com/Products/SAPChanger.php">the Corporate Renaissance Group</a>. With this addon you can change ItemCodes and CardCodes.

Cheers

Andy

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cheif,

Directly deleting the OCRD, CRD1 and other tables is not a good practise. You could un knowingly corrupt the database and data integrity.

Also SAP will not support you when you do such things.

Suda

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chief,

I agree, it is just impossible to manually do this. I tried a few things but DTW has limitations especially on the BP Master the CardCode being a key field. If you are lucky to have a backup then you could restore it Or you should approach SAP Support for an option to this situation.

Please do not hesitate to post a message to SAP Support.

Suda

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to change the cardcode and the amount of the cardcode is not more than 10 cardcodes, I think you can remove it in the SAP B1 client and reimporting using new templates. But if it is only cardcode that wrong and no transaction is made, just edit them in the BP master data directly.

Rgds

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more than 2000 bp master data :S...

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you describe more detail what template you have used when importing business partner master data beside business partner template ? I usually use business partner, contact employees and BP address. if I import the wrong data (incorrect data), I usually re -import the data after delete the existing BP master data. I just use these queries :

delete from OCRD where cardcode between 'cust1000' and 'cust3000'

delete from CRD1 where cardcode between 'cust1000' and 'cust3000'

I consider the update existing object task can also be useful feature in DTW to correct the incorrect data in database after importing but give consideration to record key.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, i am using the templates business partner, contact employees and addresses.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I think you should use queries that I have written before if you still can't use update existing value function in the DTW, as I have successfully perform the query in the customer database and no complain or error message appears until present, so it is contrary with what 488 answer.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is posible only if the BP doesn't have transactions, and you can't do it by DTW.

You can do it manualy on each BP that you want, if the new BPCode isn't in use.

If it is a new installation, I recomend go back the last back-up and do it again correctly.

Regards.