cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Alert message problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a BPM where I want to send detailed info about problem by using alerts. I have setup alert by following Michal's blog:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

The problem is that when I put in Alert message - fixed message like "Error: bla bla bla" then email to user contain this message. When I put Alert message as follows: "Error: &errdesc&" then email is sent, but with empty message. I have test it with errdesc as simple constant value "test".

please help

br

Dawid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dawid,

You need to have a container operation step that assigns the value to your variable.

Cheers

Colin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

I have container operation before that step which is putting value TEST to errdesc variable. Any other ideas?

br

Dawid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your alert category definition.

I have a similiar alert set up that is triggered from BPM.

It is defined with the checkbox dynamic text ticked. Is this how yours is set up ??

Cheers

Colin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I found problem. This variable was in block container and that is what stopped it to show value. When I changed container to process everything is working perfect.

Thanks for your input.

br

Dawid