Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we call Tcode from the Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senario:

2 BAPI’s are developed:

1. The information say... ABC is stored into the table from the portal using the Create BAPI.

2. The change in this ABC information is done using a particular <b>Tcode</b> …say xyz. This is a report that calls the change BAPI inside.

The ABC information change will be done either through the Tcode in ECC or through the EP.

3. The Tcode has been created in ECC.

Please let me know who will be responsible to call this tcode from the Portal and how?

I am very very new to EP field so please help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved...thnks a lot for ur timely help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Go to Content Admin->Portal Content->Right click and choose create iview

Iview wizard will appear, choose the iview template and click next.

Then choose SAP Transactional iview, here u have to mention the TCODE that you want to access along with the system alias with which you are connecting to the backend system.

<b>Award points if handy</b>

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep...

Thanx for your prompt reply...

Actually this has been done...my question is how to verify it that the Tcode which I have to call is working fine...user has been given EP access but he dosent know where he has to put Tcode and fetch it...could plz tell me from end user prespective also so tht I can make tht user understand.

Thanks & Regards,

Jignesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

If you have already performed these steps and are able to see the iview that you have created. Then I think your issue has been sorted out.

To explain it to you in detail.

Let us suppose, you have created a SAP Transactional iview to access the TCODE-SE38.

Now, as soon as the user clicks on the iview, it will authenticate by asking for the username and password for the backend system...if your SSO is not in place.

Now, if your asking me how to make the iview visible.

You can add assign this SAP transactional iview to a page,a workset or a role and add the corresponding page, workset or role to the user in USER ADMINISTARTION by making it an entry point.

Or to make the iview as an entry point, right click on the iview that you have created and open the properties, then for the option that says entry point choose yes.

I guess that answers your question.

Let me know if you have need any further clarifications on the same.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sandeep...

I have explained the user accordingly...letz hope it works.

Regards,

Jignesh.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use SAP transaction iview & a system object to connect to backend, in this SAP transaction iview you can put your TCODE and it will directly call the ABAP application that your TCODE is meant for.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya...

Thanks for quick response...could you please elaborate it as this is my first assignment in EP, and I did not understand what do U mean by system object...

Regards,

Jignesh.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have adn=min role assighed on your id?? if yes then go to syatem admin-->

system config --> right click select New system from template --> select system for dedicated application server. Here you need to put following properties

Application & gateway hose = IP for backend server

gateway service = sapgw <instance no>

login method = UIDPW

server port = 32<instance no>

SID for backend

syat. typr = SAP_R/3

system no = 01/00

Then make an alias for this, and then go to user admin --> user mapping --> select your alias and give backend User id and password here, now your system is ready ,

now go to content admin --> right click and create an iview selcet SAP transaction iview, put your TCODE here and select your system alias.

Save and preview.

Here you are, now you are calling That TCODE from portal

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...

Can anyone plz tell me how to call a particular Tcode from the EP screen...

Everything is done and user has been given EP access ...but he is not sure how to call that particular Tcode from EP screen so that he can verify it...?