cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 monitoring problem -> "No MTEs currently available"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have problem with setup monitoring in RZ20 on solution manager. I created new rule based monitor for all systems/solutions. The problem is that not all MTE classes exist on all systems. for example i used MTE class "CCMS_UpdateStatusClass" for monitoring update status. But this MTE class is not defined in R/3 systems so i received an error "No MTEs currently available". Is there any way to transport MTE classes from one system to another? MTE class CCMS_UpdateStatusClass uses method CCMS_TESTUPDATE (program RS_UPDATE_STATUS), method and program can be transported but what about the MTE class? I tried to create new MTE class with the name "CCMS_UpdateStatusClass" in RZ21 -> Methods -> Methods assigned to MTE classes -> "display overview" -> create on the R/3 system but it does not work. Still the same error "No MTEs currently available".

Thank you in advance for any help ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you double checked your rule based configuration ? What rule you use when you creating the node in RZ20 , I use Rule as CCMS_GET_MONITORING_CONTEXT_NAMES , MoniSegment as <ALL> , MoniContext as <ALL> , Display virtual summary nodes in the monitor checked and it worked fine . When you double click on your system and expand <SID>\Update\... is it showing Update Status as green or Red ?

Thanks

Pricne Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use rule CCMS_DEFINE_R3_SYSTEMS (all) this creates the structure of systems connected to our sollution manager and under this rule i created several subrules CCMS_GET_MTE_BY_CLASS (all, and MTE classes as i want, for example CCMS_UpdateStatusClass). And the problem is that the MTE classes i specified does not exist on all systems especially on old R/3s. I checked the MTE classes in RZ21 -> Methods assigned to MTE classes and for example MTE class CCMS_UpdateStatusClass does not exist on R/3 but exist on netweaver which is normal because NW is newer so new MTE classes are there. I am just curious if i can somehow tranfer this new classes to old R/3 systems?

I checked your suggestion and created monitor like you advised but -> "<SID>\Update\..." did not appeared under R/3 systems (but yes it appeared on NW) i checked on NW and it uses MTE class CCMS_UpdateStatusClass so we are back at the begginig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I have NW and Basis ( 4.7 ) systems and I can see this . I think i configured this ( update) in 4.6 before ( now I dont have access to 4.6 ) .

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

from a technical point of view a monitoring object and the assigned MTE class is created directly by the data collector. As a consequence this means: it is not possible to transport MTE classes. The MTE class exists or does not exist. That's it.

As you already mentioned systems with higher release can contain new MTE classes, also it is possible to define your own MTE classes in some cases. So it is the normal situation that sometimes MTE classes are not found (esp. in a rule based monitor set using R3Systems = <ALL>).

For your special Update context problem: could be the same problem as in .

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response Michael...

I also tried to create new data collection method and assign it to new MTE class which i created, but after this it is still not possible to assign MTE class to monitor in RZ20. But i am not familiar with data supliers and if it is created somehow directly by the data collector as you said i will better give up and figure out how to set up monitor with existing MTE classes ...

anyway thanks to all for responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Josef,

to my knowledge that MTE is available in all SAP R/3 releases. Please check

in RZ21 if the data collector CCMS_MC_UPDATE is properly released.

It should run periodically in dialog and the following options must be checked:

"Execute method immediately after monitoring segment start" and

"only once per system".The method also has to be released as a Data Collection Method. After you have made changes you must restart the R/3 or set the monitoring segment to "warmup status".

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thanks for response, but there is no definition of CCMS_MC_UPDATE method in RZ21 -> methods -> method definitions. My system is R/3 release 4.6C. Seems this method is new in Basis Release 6.20 Support Package SAPKB62010 - i found out this note 549418. Anyway the update problem was just an example, it is not so important for me, the idea was if there is some possibility to transport MTE classes between systems in general... but anyway thanks for your answer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the note 1294700. You need to create a missing package and then implement the corrections in the note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if there is a solution for this problem.

I have the same massages in RZ20 in my Central Monitoring Environment.

' No MTEs currently available' in a lot of monitors using MTE 'CsmTaskCcmsAgent.Status' to check the status of the CCMS Agents run ning on the satellite systems.

Even I have checked on two identical systems ( same release, same kernel, same patches). On one the MTE was available, on the other not.

Have you any idea how this can happen. I can not find anything on SAPNet to solve this.

Maybe since your last call, you have found somthing.

Thanks

Paul