cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restrict printing on pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we're working with Adobe Designer 6.0 and we want prevent the user from printing.

In the Layout Designer, there is a possibility to set permissions to the document, but if I activate the Form every settings are resetted.

Any Information / Note about that ???

Or isn't it possible to do this ??

Thanks a lot

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If nothing helps, you may use scripting to specify that the layout is non-printable. Like specifying do-not print the subform (wrapping the layout) when given print.

Just clicked now. Its just a suggestion. (the relevant scripting - available in the adobe development site)

Thanks and Regards,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi and thanks for your fast reply

but i don't understand what you mean.

sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I feel your question is about disabling the print button in the top of the form. You said, you are not able to do it even after setting the required permissions.

What I suggested is that there is an option to script in the adobe designer to specify which part of the form is printable and not printable. If you are making the entire subform (wrapping the contents in the pdf) as non- printable, when you give the print option, it wont get printed. the user will get only a blank page. This is just a suggestion. I believe the other experts here would be able to help you fix the bugs to disable the print button in 6.0 version. If you can't, then try for my option.

Hope this is clear. Good luck

Thanks and Regards,

- anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anto,

wow thanks for your support.

I'll try to test your suggest asap.

Thanks..