cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple external programm registered using teh same Progid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a solution which receives Idocs from SAP. The receiver will be an external program (BizTalk SAP adapter from Microsoft).

For the transport via RFC I created a destination (sm59) in SAP for an external program with a PROGID (ex. BIZTALK).

Everything works fine as long as only one program will be registered in SAP.

During testing two different envrionments registered a program with the same PROGID. When SAP starts sending IDocs to the port it won't send all Idoc to all registered programs.

We received some Iodc in program A and the others in program B.

Now my question:

<b>Is there a way to deny multiple programs to register with the same PROGID in SAP?</b><b>Is there a way to configure SAP to send all Idoc to every destination?</b>

I have to ensure that all Idoc will reach at the registered program.

Thanks for help

Ortwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm afraid that what you want to do is impossible.

When several external programs register with the same PROGID, SAP is designed to do a basis load balancing. The calls are distributed with a round robin algorithm.

We use this feature to get high availability : our registred program is running on 2 different physical servers but use the same PROGID. If one of the server crashes, the calls are still OK on the remaining server.

In you case, I think you have to define different RFC destinations with different PROGIDS. Then with your ALE distribution model, you will be able to send the same idocs to different destinations.

Hope this helps.

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your quick response.

I thought that I could use the rfc destination for my remote servers/clients.

When I look at the gateway monitor I can see my connected clients. From my point of view it doesn't look like "high availability".

In my solution I don't want to send Idocs to multiple clients. I would like to send Idocs to one connected system. But when another external program use the same PROGID it will fail, because SAP will send messages with a round robin algorithm instead of sending all outgoing messages to each connected system (by desgin).

So, I have to find a way how I can avoid the mutiple use of one PROGID (naming convention etc.)

Thanks

Ortwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ortwin,

The PROGID is there to define the use of the registred program, so it's completely unlogical to select the same PROGID for different usages.

You only selection is to choose a naming convention for your PROGIDS and to have one different PROGID per usage.

Regards,

Olivier