Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Variable Unit of Measure

Hi Gurus

I have a typical problem

My Client is selling material in Kgs and also manages the stock in Kgs.But Now he wants to sell the material in Rolls. The weight of the rolls is variable based on the quantity produced. For eg. if I book an order for 20 rolls with the relation in material master as 1 roll = 25 kgs then not necessarily all the rolls with be of 25 kg. some of them might be on higher side or lower side varying from 17 kgs to 32 kgs.

These rolls are treated as batches.

Now the problem is when I try to deliver the batches (rolls). If I have 17 kgs of roll to the delivered then the system tries to find the relation for the batch from the master as 17kg / 25 kg = 0.68 Roll.

Since the order has been booked in Rolls (inspite of the weight of rolls) all the quantities should be showing as 1 Roll & not 0.68 or 1.2 Roll etc. and the invoice should be for 1 roll.

For the sake of MRP I have to pass on the UOM as Kgs only.

PS : I have tried Alternate Unit of Measurement in Material Master. But not of much use, since the batches generated are coming in decimals (if the qty is greater or lower than the defined qty)

Correct Answers shall be suitably rewarded.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question