cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Expert

I am tring for one material for MTO scenario I took MRP run it has given me planned order but while converting Planned order to Process order it give error massage " You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock "

I am using stretagy 20 for MTO .

If any specific config is needfull then pls suggest me

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you maintain stretegy group 20 in MRP3 view of the finished product, it behaves like this:

After creation of sales order, Run MRP.

MRP will create planned order.This planned order is already asssigned to sales order.

If you go inside planned order in the assignment tab, you will find the sales order#.

If your settings in material master, the above will be the behaviour.

Pl. let me know what is your settings for components in material master.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly should I explain more ?

about material master setting of Header assembly or about its component ?

Reg

Tushar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Please check the planned order assignment tab it should already contain the sales order referance, I hope in your case it is not so.

Please delete the planned order in the change mode MD12 and then try MRP. Also let us know if there is a Customer Stock MRP element displayed for the sales order line item or not, this you need to check using transaction MD04.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I saw the planned order It showing sales order number in assign tab of planned order .& in MD04 customer stock MRP element data also showing.

I think it should happening because of some missing customization.

Reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,Tushar

Did you get right answer for your question? Today i also meet the same question as yours.When i translate sales order to production order using CO08 ,there is an error "You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock". If you have solved the question,please let me know.Thank you.

regards

Joey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check what requirement type is coming in your sales order.??

and is that requirement type is in the one of the strategy (in ur case 20)??

are they same.

if not it should be. to transfer the requirement from sales to prod. which is must for MTO.

i hope analysing this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Pravin Mukkawar

TCS Gandhinagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirements type is "KE",and planning strategy is "20".

When the error comes out, the help is like this:

You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock

Message no. CO684

Diagnosis

The component cannot be allocated to an individual stock because make-to-order production and engineer-to-order production cannot be executed with this order.

A possible cause is that you are trying to create an order with reference to a sales-order/project, where an account assignment to a sales order/project is not allowed in the settlement profile that is assigned to the chosen order type. This is inconsistant.

i try to use different settlements profile PP01 (production order) or SD1 (Sales order make-to-order prod), but results are the same. I think i may make some mistakes in material master setting or configuration, but i don't know what exactly they are.

regards

Joey