cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to deploy any application.

" Server localhost did not accept login request as admin on port *****. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server localhost at port *****: Connection refused: connect "

Can somebody please help....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinac,

Just check whether ur SDm server is up & running. According to the error u r using ur local engine. In case u r using remote engine,set the server & message server port in windows->prefferences.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

I am using a remote host and I just verified that the server IP and the ms port# is correct...

The whole configuration was working fine till yest..Since today morning I've started getting the error. Additionally, I can tell you that the name of the server that I'm trying to access is different from the one that the application is showing with the error. i.e.

IP add 222.222.222.11 is assigned to server named "abc". (This was working fine till yest.)

Error that I get says that the server named "localhost" cannot login with the admin password specified. connection refused.

I checked the host file on the server and both the ip add and the reqd server is correctly configured in there.

I hope that somewhat clarifies the problem that I'm facing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinac,

Go to windows-> show view -> J2ee engine & check which server its showing over there? just refresh it & then try.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If sdm password and admin password are different, then admin password has to updated in the secure store in config tool.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/281540bf1af72ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

If still problem persists, try changing the sdm password.

For that, Open the command line.

Go to the SDM\program directory.

Type these in order.

1) stopServer

2) sdm jstartup "mode=standalone" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

3)sdm changepassword "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program" "newpassword=test123"

4)sdm jstartup "mode=integrated" "sdmhome=C:/usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance>/SDM/program"

5)startServer

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

I am using a remote host and I just verified that the server IP and the ms port# is correct...

The whole configuration was working fine till yest..Since today morning I've started getting the error. Additionally, I can tell you that the name of the server that I'm trying to access is different from the one that the application is showing with the error. i.e.

IP add 222.222.222.11 is assigned to server named "abc". (This was working fine till yest.)

Error that I get says that the server named "localhost" cannot login with the admin password specified. connection refused.

I checked the host file on the server and both the ip add and the reqd server is correctly configured in there.

I hope that somewhat clarifies the problem that I'm facing.