cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center as consolidation unit in SEM BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm about to design a data model for consolidation (SEM BCS).

I have a reporting requirement to produce consolidated reports on profit center and cost center level.

I'm thinking the reasonable thing would to have company & profit center as the consolidation units, but as I need to show figures for cost center level as well, does this mean I need to have cost center as consolidation unit also ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best approach in this case would most likely be to have the cost center as a subassignment. Only two characteristics may be assigned the role of cons unit. Typically it is company and profit center or company and business area.

Alternatively, the simplest approach is to have both profit center and cost center as subassignments and only the company as cons unit.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Further to this question and getting the cost & profit center data from ECC all to way to BCS:

I'm unclear, do I have to define these cost & profit center breakdowns when I'm defining the consolidation chart of accounts at ECC side?

Or Is it enough that I have these elements at cube level/transaction data and the configuration happens at BCS side?

And In terms of the cubes, I assume I have to add the dimension cost center as an additional field in both the source data cube for the ECC data and also the consolidation cube, as the standard content cubes do not include cost center?

Source for data from ECC: new-GL standard cube: 0FI_GL_C10

One consolidation unit (company) business content cube activated: 0BCS_C50

Best Regards,

Henri Roponen

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cost center and profit center master data must reside in both ECC and BCS.BW. There are means to extract this from ECC and load into BCS via Load from datastream or flex upload method in BCS workbench. It is also helpful to have the target systems for transports defined for replication in BW.

I'm not sure what cube is standard for new-GL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan,

I believe the subassignment you described is the solution to my scenario also.

Especially the latter solution you mentioned is the correct way to go for me as I'm consolidating the data on company level.

The reporting requirements are then that I need to display profit centers & cost centers on report, but like you mentioned, subassignment should take care of this.

Points rewarded.

BR,

Henri