cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change DB server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know if it is right forum for my question, but I use MaxDB, so maybe someone could help me

I have complete (application server + DB server) SAP system on one machine now. I'd like to move database to another server, and switch my existing application server to use new DB. There are two major things I don't know:

1) How to move existing database onto second machine (and, maybe, change its name). I can install new MaxDB database engine and create new database, but I wonder if there are some parametres, which I should change for SAP.

2) How to tell SAP application server to use database, which is placed on different machine (and possibly with different name).

My system is Windows based SAP ECC 5.0. OS: Win2K3, MaxDB 7.5.0.032, AMD64 architecture.

BTW. What is the different between "official" MaxDB version and MaxDB version provided with SAP?

Thanks for yous help,

regards, Konrad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Konrad,

if I understand you right you have already a running DB on your central instance. In this case for your first question you need to take a last database backup and do on the second machine "Recovery with Initialization". The procedure is described in the documentation, just have a look into the SAP note 129352.

To your second question you should delete the old entry in the TA DB59 after the database copy and call then the TA DB50 so the intragration data will be created automatically. More detail about it you will find in the SAP note 588515.

For your last question it seems to me that the "official" MaxDB version is the database version provided by SAP.

Best regards,

Oksana Alekseious

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

> if I understand you right you have already a running

> DB on your central instance.

Yes, this is my current situation.

> In this case for your

> first question you need to take a last database

> backup and do on the second machine "Recovery with

> Initialization". The procedure is described in the

> documentation, just have a look into the SAP note

> 129352.

OK, this one looks quite easy.

> To your second question you should delete the old

> entry in the TA DB59 after the database copy and call

> then the TA DB50 so the intragration data will be

> created automatically. More detail about it you will

> find in the SAP note 588515.

I hoped, that there is some file, which holds all names/credentials fro accessing database server... I wan't to switch application server to another DB server and nothing more I will read more carefully sap note you gave me...

> For your last question it seems to me that the

> "official" MaxDB version is the database version

> provided by SAP.

"official" version is a piece of software with nice installer, which I can download from dev.mysql.com. And I wonder about differences between this version and a package provided in SAP installation.

regards,

Konrad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the MaxDB software from the dev.mysql.com is the same as delivered on the SAP Software Distribution Center so far I know it. But don't forget you will find on the Service Market Place the last and the most actual database version.

Regards,

Oksana Alekseious

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konrad,

the main difference between the versions that had been available on the MySQL site to the official SAP releases was that these builds weren't tested against SAP systems. Therefore it was completely possible to download versions there that never got released for SAP installations.

Anyhow, since the redistribution agreement between MySQL and SAP has been cancelled you nowadays will only need to check the download-section here at SDN or the SAP Service Marketplace.

BTW: the nice installer is also available with these packages

Best regards,

Lars

Answers (0)