cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Measure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Base unit of a material 'X' is Kg. The unit of measure for the same material when used in a BoM is 'G' - gram. BoM quantity for example is 200.222 G.

The same quantity 200.222 gets picked up in the order material list. But, when the order is released and batch determination is carreid out; then, this quantity gets rounded to 200. Why does this happen? How to prevent this from happening?

The setting in CUNI are - Display - Decimal places '3' for both the unit of measure. Have tried various combo for diplay of decimal places and decimal place rouding but with no success.

Your expert advice please,

Tarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.....all of you.

Having G as unit of issue does not make any difference.

Is there any way out apart from changing the base unit of measure? Have already assigned QM task list to the material and hence will not allow me to change the base unit.

Obviously it will happen if the task list is deleted. But am looking for some other alternative.

Tarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible in Std SAP.

Because I faced similar problem some time back and I also posted the problem in

OSS and they also told me the same thing.

So finally my User has created new Mat No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always maintain the smallest Unit as your Base unit of measure.

Because in SAP ,during goods movement system always converts other units to Base unit of measure and if it comes into fraction then it will propose you the nearest round figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

best way is keep Base unit of Measurement in G

and Order unit in purchase view maintain KG

for time being use like reddy mentioned

Cheers

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Change the Unit of issue to G in work schedulling view of the component in mat master & do the batch determination. Pls let me know ur observations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There will not be work scheduling view for the component , if it is ROH normally.

Please go to " Plant data storage 1" view of the material master of the component & make unit of issue as "G".Try this.

Regards

YMREDDY