Microsoft Word configuration
I installed SAP Solution Manager 4.0 but every time I try to display/edit a MS Word or Excel Document I get the error:
- THE DOCUMENT CANNOT BE EDITED or
- THE DOCUMENT CANNOT BE DISPLAYED
If I try to display/edit TXT documents, the integrated SAP text editor starts and everything works fine.
Are there Microsoft Word or Excel configuration settings in the Solution Manager?
Is it necessary to have MS Office installed on the SAP Server?
Our team encountered this problem after installing SAP GUI 7.10. Check your latest patch level. Applying Patch 2 fixed it for us.
- Search for Support Packages and Patches
- Enter Search Term "SAP GUI"
- Select SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS
- Select SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.10 CORE
- Select SAP GUI FOR WINDOWS 7.10 CORE, on the next page also
- Select Win 32
- Arrive at avail. downloads