cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to block a postings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to block a posting when a particular G/L account is about to cross 'Zero' value ie. nearing negative value?

we are having some 4 accounts maintained in such a way their acc balance must'nt bcom 'Zero'. so when tht G/L acc is used, in case if the balance is to go for negative value, the posting must be blocked.

is there any way in SBO?

thks in advance,

dhana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhana,

Custom Code means SDK development work to use DI API to handle this situation.

I understand the situation, I need to look at how it could possible be done without SDK

I will come back

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Suda!

thks for ur effort on my query.

i do will wait till u come back. i'll be happy if i get any answer.

Jimmy! thks for ur advice! but i hav'nt touched the part SDK .

its utterly new to me. any way will try to learn tht too.

dhana.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from Approval procedures, I would think the only way would be to write custom code for this as it involves trapping all transactions hitting Cash Accounts?

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thks again!

in tht case How to write custom code? (Shall i ask u wat is custom code?)

let me xplain in detail my scenario.

In chart of Accounts, under Assets we hav 'Cash in Hand' account and 'Petty Cash' account each for 2 branches, so totally 4 accounts. the field 'Balance' on right side will show the balance amount.

the need is wenever these accounts are taken into any documents or any transactions there should exist a check in 'Balance' field and in case if those balances are found to bcom '0' it must be blocked.

will it help u? we need checks for those 4 accts only.

thk ing,

dhana.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Actually there is no term/word 'custom code'. I understand that you did not know about it. So I suggest to be careful for the human being who written 'custom code' in your message, and fortunately you did not give point. The technical term/word is addon not custom code. Addon is one of solution for your problem except work around. It is UI/DI addon and if you require it, just post it in the SAP SDK forum.

Rgds,

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhana,

Will the transaction posted to these G/L Accouns be through a JE or through other transactions which could render them going negative?

What kind of G/L accounts are these?

I am not sure if you could have a setting to prevent them from going negative but we can see if we can apply an approval procedure perhaps and prevent it.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thks for ur reply Suda,

the accounts are cash accounts.

postings thro any means, must hav a check for balance b4 adding the doc.

Hav got Alert for displaying if condn fails.

going for approval procedure needs time till the thing to be approved.

but i prefer it to be blocked like 'Response to Release of Inventory below the Minimum Level: Block release'. similarly is there a way to block any postings if the balance goes below '0'?

Thk ing,

dhana.