Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQVI - table connections

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This question might be very primitive to you, but I don't know the answer, so I'd like you to help me.

If the jointtype is <i>'left outer'</i> I can list all record from the 'left' table even if it doesn't have its counterpart (suitable record) in the 'right' table.

But if I connect one more table to the 'right' one, I cannot get all record from the 'left' table - I can't get those that don't have their counterpart in the 'left'.

I mean:

MAST_1 - STKO - STPO - (Left outer ) - MAST_2

All children part (components) will be listed from STPO. But if I connect STKO_2 and STPO_2 to MAST_2 (in order to get the 2 level components) those components that don't have their suitable record in MAST2 will disappear.

parent children_1level children_2level

A____B

A____C____________D

The query won't display B because B doesn't have BOM.

How can this iisue be solved (in SQVI - I can't use ABAP).

Please help me!

3 REPLIES 3

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Cannot this issue be solved in SQVI?

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 5, 2008 1:16 PM

0 Kudos

Use left outer join for the other left table also.

0 Kudos

Hi Azeem,

Thank you for your feedback.

I had already tried it and I was trying it again but I can't. SAP says: 'Illegal left outer-join between tables STPO--MAST2-STKO2. (Message no. AQ 641).

MAST-STKO-STPO-(left outer)-MAST2 > OK

MAST-STKO-STPO-(left outer)-MAST2-(left outer)-STKO2-STPO2 > I get the message mentioned above when I'm trying to set the joint type to 'left outer' between tables MAST2 & STKO2

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Mar 6, 2008 9:40 AM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 30, 2008 5:24 PM