cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w Used DCs and Used Web Dynpro Components in Web Dynpro DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a DC in my project. It contains some DCs under "Used DCs" node and some names under "Used Web Dynpro Components" node.What is the difference b/w these two?

Thanks in advacne.

Message was edited by:

Bharath Akuthota

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venkatakalyan_karanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

DC is a developement comp developed in some Technology.Suppose i have two DCS like DCA and DCB .

I want to use DCB functionality in DCA.

then in the DC Meta data of <DCA> in used DCS declare the usage of DCB.

This means that DCA now have a right to use the DCB functionality.

Suppose Assume both are WebDunpro Projects and contains Webdynpro components.

For example DCA is having the webdynpro component "DCA_CompA"

and DCB is having the webdynpro component "DCB_CompB"

Now i want to use the "DCB_CompB" functionality in the component "DCA_CompA".

Then go to the used Components of the Component DCA_CompA and declare the use of the Component present in the DCB.

This is the difference between the UsedDCs and used webdynpro components.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatakalyan,

Thanks for the reply.When we already declared the usage of DCB in DCA DC..then why is that action of declaring "DCB_CompB" component usage in "DCA_CompA" Used Web Dynpro Components is needed again. Can you explain your answer more based on this question please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Bharath,

This is really a very good question(at least for me).

I wanted to add some points from my understanding:--

i think you you are going for version control of your project(i.e using NWDI) and creating tracks then you have to use DC(Development Component) and within that DC you can create your WebDynpro application.

within a DC you can create any other type of application as well like Dictionary,Java,J2EE,WebService.All these application will be having some re-usable part.

you can't put stand alone WebDynpro project in Tracks,this type of project can contain only WebDynpro application.you can have multiple "Used Web Dynpro Components" inside this webDynpro application as well, but they can interact through each other by Interace View only i mean there won't be having any public part kind of thing.

Please correct me, if i am wrong.

regards,

Mithileshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

When u have a dc with a public part & that public part has to be used in some other dc, u take the 1st dc (with public part) as used dc in 2nd dc.

It depends on the scenarios also,that when u make use of a used dc & that dc expose some functionality from some component ,u have to take that component in the used component part. means if u want to use a components functionality (which is available in some other dc) , first u have to take the dc as used dc .then only the component will be available for u to use as used component.

regards

Sumit