cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create WebService in CAF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have taken the BAPI_USRE_GET_DETAIL as an external service and than do the following:-

1) Consume that in the Entity Service for reading

Than make an Application service and set the dependency to it than create an operation and tick the 'Remote Enabled Service' (to make a web service) because 'Web Services Enabled' option is not enabled(disable).

The project gets deployed successfully but when I go to the Service Registry there I am able to see the external service in the 'SAP Remote Function Call' but not able to see the Web service in the 'Web Service(WSDL1.1)

2) In the second case I directly consume the External service in the Application service than make an operation and than click the 'Remote Enabled Service' , the projects gets deployed and still the same problem occurs. I am not able to find the Web service.

I am using NWDS 9 and SP12

Can any one help me in this, please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

to create a web service you need to tick the 'Remote Enabled Service' and than click right on the application service (in the left frame in NWDS) which you would like to enable as web service, choose 'web service' and follow the dialog.

i hope this helps!

best regards,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

I am doing the same thing for so long but not able to mention in the question. I am getting an eeror when I do the thing mentioned by you.

The deployment gets aborted

Here is the log:

Oct 15, 2007 2:58:19 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[010]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : iwdf1083

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/201286/LOCALS1/Temp/4/temp44238com.tcs.poc~mak_ws_2.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME1/201286/LOCALS1/Temp/4/temp44238com.tcs.poc~mak_ws_2.ear

Aborted: development component 'mak_ws_2'/'com.tcs.poc'/'local'/'20071015145727'/'0':

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application com.tcs.poc/mak_ws_2.. Reason: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to update web services for application com.tcs.poc/mak_ws_2. . Additional info: none; nested exception is: java.lang.Exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeploymentException: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to update web services for application com.tcs.poc/mak_ws_2. . Additional info: none

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.updateWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:164)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.updateWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:118)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.updateWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:86)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateManager.makeUpdate(WSUpdateManager.java:52)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeployer.makeUpdate(WSDeployer.java:274)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.UpdateTransaction.makeComponents(UpdateTransaction.java:400)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.commonBegin(DeployUtilTransaction.java:321)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.UpdateTransaction.begin(UpdateTransaction.java:164)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:292)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:326)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:3184)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.update(DeployServiceImpl.java:669)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1278)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:313)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:199)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:136)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeploymentException: Webservices deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to generate web services deployment files for application com.tcs.poc/mak_ws_2. . The error refers to application: none, jar: , web service: .

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.generateDeployFiles(WSUpdateProcessor.java:296)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.deployWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:262)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.updateWebServices(WSUpdateProcessor.java:155)

... 21 more

Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeploymentException: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, parsing com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.descriptors.sapwebservices.WSDescriptor descriptor, application com.tcs.poc/mak_ws_2, web service UserServiceWS, location message: type: jar file, location: D:\usr\sap\TP7\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.\temp\deploy\work\deploying\reader1192453073206\com.tcs.pocmak_ws_2ejbmodule.jar . . Additional info: at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.parseWSDescriptor(WSDefinitionFactory.java:907) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.loadWebService(WSDefinitionFactory.java:176) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.loadWebServices(WSDefinitionFactory.java:158) at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.update.WSUpdateProcessor.generateDeployFiles(WSUpdateProcessor.java:284) ... 23 more Caused by: com.sap.engine.interfaces.webservices.server.deploy.WSDeploymentException: Webservices common deployment exception! The reason is: Error occurred, trying to parse documentation for web service UserServiceWS. . Additional info:

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.parseDocumentation(WSDefinitionFactory.java:1590)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.parseWSDAndDocumentation(WSDefinitionFactory.java:1564)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.parseWSDescriptor(WSDefinitionFactory.java:814)

... 26 more

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\temp\webservices\deploy\com.tcs.poc_mak_ws_2\webservices\com1\poc\tcs\com\mak_ws_2\appsrv\userservice\UserServiceWSWsd.wsdef (The system cannot find the path specified)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)

at com.sap.engine.lib.jar.JarExtractor.extractFile(JarExtractor.java:232)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSArchiveFilesLocationHandler.getWsdInputStream(WSArchiveFilesLocationHandler.java:184)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.server.deploy.ws.WSDefinitionFactory.parseDocumentation(WSDefinitionFactory.java:1574)

... 28 more

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Any idea what do now.

Thanks & regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

please check in Navigator (NWDS) in your ejbModule project if you can find /ejbModule/.../appsrv/userservice/UserServiceWSWsd.wsdef. if not, than there should be an error reported in you NWDS task with further information. You can also check in the webservie and J2EE Development perspective if the webservice is created successfully!

also remove the metadata from your CAF-Project. Go to you filesystem in your workspace and remove everything in the folder "t". Generate all / build and deploy.

Hope this helps,

best regards,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

After building the project in CAF successfully, I opend the Web Service Perspective but not abel to find the service there. However as you said '/ejbModule/.../appsrv/userservice/UserServiceWSWsd.wsdef', this file is there. It seems to be the problem with NWDS, so can you please tell me how to check for a webservice in the 'Web Service' perspective and in the J2EE perspective(complete steps). May be what I am doing is not the correct way, so before raising the OSS message I want to crosscheck the things.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

be aware that in J2EE Development perspective that you have the J2EE Explorer for local Development and the J2EE DC Explorer for DC projects. But to be sure if there are no projects please go to web service perspective and in EJB Explorer you should find your CAF ejbmodule Project. If not click on the littel arrow ant title of your EJB Explorer and switch to the other option, e.g. "Show DC projects only".

You will find the wsdef and your virtual interface of your web service is in your caf ejbmodule project!

Hope this helps,

best regard rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra,

Did u configure your Web service navigator in the Developer Studio? To do that proceed as follows:

1. Navigate to <i>Window -> Show View -> Other -> Web Services -> Web Service Navigator</i>2.

2. In the Web Service Navigator, choose <i>Local Server</i> if you have deployed your Web Service on a local J2EE Engine. From the context menu, choose <i>Refresh</i>. Expand the <i>Local Server</i> node.

Position the cursor on the <i>Servers</i> node in order to display the Web services of another server. In the context menu, choose <i>Add new server</i>.

In the <i>WSIL location</i> field, enter the URL for the Web Service Inspection Language (WSIL). Using the Web Service Inspection Language, you can display a list of Web services that exist on a server. (A specification of WSIL is available at www.ibm.com).

Was that helpful ?

Kind Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

I did the same thing as mentioned by you.

After expanding the Local Server node I can see the default webservices but not the one that I developed.

What is the use of making a new Server and what parameter we have to pass for making a WSIL