Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP QUERY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me what exactly is SAP Query and what is the use of the User Group declared in the SAP Query ??? kindly explain... its urgent

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Query is a tool to generate quick reports without getting any ABAP coding done

Consists of three components:

User Groups

Functional Areas/Infosets

Query

Transaction Codes for creation of SAP Query

SQ03 – User Groups

SQ02 – Functional Area/Infoset

SQ01 – Query

<b>Advantages of SAP Query</b>

Designed for users having little or no knowledge of ABAP (SAP Programming Language).

No programming is required to generate the reports.

Different output options for the report like List display, ALV display, Graphical display etc. without doing any coding.

Options available to save output in Word or Excel format.

Options available to display output in different formats like Basic list, Statistics or Ranked List.

<b>Disadvantages of SAP Query</b>

Complex reports including complex data selection, complex conditions and formulas are not achievable by SAP Query.

<b>User Groups</b> – A collection of users that work with about the same data and carry out the similar tasks. The members of a user group can access any of the query made by any of the user in the group. Users are not allowed to modify queries from other user groups, although they may, under certain circumstances, copy and execute them.

Regards,

Himanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks a lot but i am not still clear about the User group.. i have certain doubts:

1) I have a query in which only one user has assigned.. but the non assigned users are able to use query??

2) In case i am supposed to copy a existing query to some other server (different users are going to use ) then am i supposed to create a new user group with all the users who are about to use the Query?????

Thanks in advance.

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The SAP Query application is used to create reports not already contained in the default. It has been designed for users with little or no knowledge of the SAP programming language ABAP.

SAP Query offers users a broad range of ways to define reports and create different types of reports such as basic lists, statistics, and ranked lists.

http://goldenink.com/abap/sap_query.html

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/cb3efb455611d189710000e8322d00/content.htm

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapqu005.htm

How to Create Infoset Query (SAP Query)

Steps on how to proceed to create a Query:

ADHOC QUERY

A query can be created to extract information from master records i.e Infotypes. For example, by creating a query , the data relating to an employee contained in various Infotypes can be extracted.

Proceedure :

Decide on the various Infotypes we want to make the query. Decide on the area where we want to query i.e Global area or Standard area. Standard area is client specific and globel area will include all clients.

Menu : HR – PM – Admn - Information System - Adhoc Query

Select area standard and select the user group already created

Creation of new query :

TC SQ03 - Select Environment – Select Standard Area - Enter -- If new user group is to be created, enter name of the user group, click on create and enter necessary information and exit after saving

TC SQ02 - Enter name of the Infoset – Create – enter name of Infoset - Data source -- > Table join by basis table – give name of table e.g pa0000 - Enter - Click on insert table if we want to include more tables – give name of table one by one and after finishing, place cursor on the joining lines and right click to delete unwanted relationships - check - and go back - field groups - include all table fields - click on generate button - go out

TC SQ03 - Select user group - eg. Payroll

Infoset - Enter name of newly created Infoset

Assign users and Infosets - Assign infosets - put tick on payroll - save and go back

TC PAAH - Expand the nodes and put tick on relevant fields depending upon necessity

Save the query by giving the same name as infoset for easyness..

For executing a query which is already created

1. Go to SQ01 transaction

2. Go to Environment menu->query areas->std areas

3. Then choose the user group where the query is created

4. It will display all the queries created for the group.choose the query you want to executeand click execute.

5. will take to the initial screen

6. Enter the required parameters and execute

<b>Reward if usefull</b>