cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are about to explore new ECC6 system. I have some questions regarding the installations.

1) Will ECC6 come together with some modules such as FI-CO,SD,MM,etc?

2) During installation, will I be able to select which module I want to install?

3) Will some modules such as BI, APO come together also? Or are they separate ADD-ons?

4) Is there any disk-space guidance from SAP regarding the ECC6 installation? We're probably interested to install IDES (for education purpose).

If you tell me what the total number is, which part of installation that number allocate to?

I've tried using the service.sap.com/sizing but it seems this tools is more for business rather than to suit our purpose.

Thank you for your kind attention in this case.

Regards,

Fausto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fausto,

1) Yes, ECC6.0 comes with all the default modules like any other SAP R/3.

2) No, There is no such option is avilable because all the module are integrated.

3) BI and APO Comes to gather. They can be installed seperately as well.

4)Yes, you can refer http://service.sap.com/install-guides. Configuratio of H/ware depend's on your OS,DB and no. of users.

Regards,

Hari.

PS:Points are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, Hari

I understood for points 1-3,

For number 4,

I will probably install Oracle 10.2 DB and Red Hat Linux OS

Basically how big is disk capacity required for ECC6 installation in the production system, normally?

Rgds,

Fausto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fausto,

In production you have to follow the qauick sizing, you need to find out what are the no of users? what are the module implemented.....then use quick sizer. This will provide the disk space and RAM size. It's give you no . of SAPS whith that you can approach H/W vendor to get the Initial sizing.

I have worked with various clients having PRD disk capacity from 400Gb to 2000Gb.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fausto,

If you want you may close the question, it will be useful to begginers.

Regards,

Hari.