cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Retirement - Depreciation Reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am transferring one asset from Real Asset to Capital Work In Process Asset. If I use F-92 and post to Revenue From Assets Retirement GL Account and Select Asset Retirement with Complete Retirement, it is not reversing the Depreciation for the Month of July 2007. It is reversing the Depreciation of August & Sept 2007. Asset was Acquired in July 2007

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not reverse any depreciation once posted. SAP will not allow you to do that. Instead use work around. change your depreciation key for that asset to '0000' before retiring that asset and re-run the depreciation which will take care of your depreciation posted fr. July and then try to retire it. I suppose that you must have cap this asset by mistake and want to transfer it back to CIP/AuC.

plz assign points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depreciation can be reversed. When you post F-92 with Retirement It reverses the Depreciation Into one P&L account. But it is not reversing for the month of July only

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

javier_reviriego
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy

Sorry but I cannot see why you use F-92 to transfer "from Real Asset to Capital Work In Process Asset".

Normally Work In Process Asset (Auc) is transferred to final asset using transaction AIBU.

In any case regarding why the depreciation of 1 month is not taken into account please check the "period control" for retirements set in the depreciation key

of the asset.

With this parameter system calculates up to what date depreciation should be taken into account during retirement.

Regards

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where to Check the Period Control, In Depreciation Key The Depreciation Start date is 31.07.2007

javier_reviriego
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy

In customizing of the depreciation key (trx. AFAMA) you set the period control previously customized in trx. AFAMP.

Regards

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

But why it is not reversing July Depreciation when it is reversing August and September

Former Member
0 Kudos

Period Control is for all Assets, But why only in this Asset Depreciation is Not reversed for the Month of July 2007 while it reverses for August and September 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gave the Retirement Value Date as 1.10.2007 instead of 30.09.2007 and that solved the problem