cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xi homepage not opening with server name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed PI7.0, when I am trying to open the home page thru the server name it is not opening. However I could able to open via IP address.

I have given necessary entry in hosts file in the client machine ( ip addres and server name)

Again when I try to open IR, ID also the same problem.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Rgds,

Satish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Make sure you have both the server name and fully qualified server name in your clients hosts file.

Otherwise ensure that your DNS server is updated with the server's name. This must be done by your network administrator.

Also, remember to remove proxy settings for javaws.

Regards,

Yaghya

Message was edited by:

Yaghya Nana

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Check in the proxy settings of ur internet browser, if u have added ur host name in the advance mode.If not, Please add and try once again.. http://<host name>:<java port>/rep/start/index.jsp it shud work...

Cheers,

Prasanthi.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure u have made a correct entry in the host file at location \drivers\etc\

The hostname is something like SAP<SID> e.g. SAPPID.

A restart of server is usually not required after such an entry bcoz it is OS level entry.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can not restart the server as I do not have access for that.

My hostname is not in the format SAP<SID>, it is something xxxx.yyy.com.

so when i m trying to open with xxx.yyy it is opening, but while trying to IR, ID it is not opening.

I am using java version 1.4.2_16.

Any ideas plz....

Satish.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the host file entry one more time, something wrong i that, check have you properly updated it......No restart required after making the entry in Host file.....

Hostname can in other format as well.......

Https:
<hostname>:<port>/rep/start/index.jsp

if you mention the hostname ( with the Host file entry updated it should wort) for the IR and ID not opening chek the Exchange Profile proper names are present there or not....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reinstall java and check version of java.

Regards,

S.RamNarender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u restarted the server after enter the entry into host file??