cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WAS 6.40 Slim Java Stack Installtion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to install slim java edition of WAS 6.40 Sneak Preview. In the 5th Phase of MaxDB installation it got stuck and the installation is stopped there. I tried for 5 times but everything goes for a toss.

Further when i checked the log,

The installation stopped when it tried to change the working directory for MaxDB.

Can anybody help.

Thanks in Advance,

Kathirvel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

Please uninstall the whole thing and remove the entries of MAX DB and Sneak Priview from the registry and then try with fresh installation.

Hope this will work.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep and Vivek,

I had awarded <b>helpful answer</b> points for the trying to help out. was useful.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All~

Thanks to every one. The problem was due to the Local Security Settings and i got that solved and the server is working fine.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Nice to hear that, it solved your problem. Any now i am not going to install it now. I will update this thread once it is done.

Enjoy!

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I did that more than three times but the installation exactly stops when installing MaxDB. That is what the real problem is. Any how i will give a try some time later and get back.

Thanks,

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kathrivel,

Well not usimg @ n Max Db password did solve my problem.

Let usknow if face any other issues.

Thanks and Regards

Pradeep Bhojak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Need more information regarding the "Installation of WAS with Java Stack"

if there any Documention plz provide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One suggestion i got was to avoid special characters liek "@" in the password for MaxDB. I have not tried i nstalling again unless i get some more info.

Cheers

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

any updates on this?

I am facing a similar problem?