Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Copy problem

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I tried to copy a standard DC(vendor name: sap.com) into custom DC (vendor name: customer.com).

Steps followed while copying:

1) Created new dc.

2) Copied src folders from standard dc to this new dc.

3) Created public parts and dependency manually as in standard DC.

Local build is successful, deployed this to dev system. Deployment failed, below is the reason

<i>Reason: Development Object 'sap.com/paasrprocst' contains already same repository content. Hint: fully qualified name of the repository VMO must be globally unique.</i>

From this message I can understand that name space is a problem. Custom DC also has the same name as that of standard DC(paasrprocst), but vendor names are different.

What I want to know is if the vendor names are different, will the name space be different or vendor name doesn't have any effect on name space?

Will the DC be having fully qualified name in the repository if vendor name is different?

Can anyone explain what's the main purpose of using vendor name.

Regards

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

In this thread check the bertram's reply.I thin k that should be enough to solve ur problem.

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it's the namespace prefix, which will identify the unique DC. Why don't u give different prefix and test.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

After you have moved the src to new DC and done the stepe 1,2,3 as mentioned by you, you need to do two things:

1. Right click on the DC and do "Development Component"-> Refresh from DC Settings

=> this will ensure that your dependency references are updated

2. Right click on the DC and do "Development Component"-> Build

=> this will ensure that the changed dc is build properly.

After this you should be able to deploy without any issues.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After copying the DC, I did a reload+rebuild of the project, after this performed local build.

No build errors are available, but deployment is failed.

Regards

Srikanth.