cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informatica Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Our colleagues at Informatica level are facing this error when they are trying to generate a program to pull data from SAP.

"READER_1_1_1> SR_17009 Error in CPIC: [SAP_CMLOGON:CMRCV: 18 Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter. Please use CPIC user type only for stream mode.]"

Could you let me know, where is the problem with login information: is it at

Informatica or SAP?

If so, could you pls let me know where to define this(login) information.

Your earliest reply is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards ,

Dhaval Raje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhaval,

As you have said, you have changed the password of the user that is used in the rfc destination. you should also change the password of the logon user in RFC destination in SM59.

Go to SM59.

Click your RFC destination name >Click Logon/security tab> Enter the new password for the user. > Save then test connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your mail .

Actualyl we not uing rfc connection . We are using saprfc.ini and sideinfo file which is configires in the powercenter server thorugh which it is accessing sap r3 system .

But not user and pwd are menioned in that files . This is the format of the file.

DEST=<destination in RfcOpen>

Type=<A: RFC server is a specific R/3 application server>

ASHOST=<host name of a specific R/3 application server>

SYSNR=<SAP R/3 system number>

Each and every tiem conenctiong to SAP it asks for username and password .

Thanks & Regards ,

Dhaval Raje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhaval,

After password change did the Informatica guys also change the password at their end with in Informatica ? This has got nothing to do with RFC destination on SAP side. Please ask them to change the password in this configuration and set it to what you have done. Also make sure that the CPIC user is unlocked.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit ,

Thanks for your mail .

In SAP we have dialog user , which informitica is using.I checked with informitaca guys and according to them they have nto entered user anme and pwd anythwre.

They are connecting through saprfc.ini which contians no user name and pwd . It only contains.DEST=<destination in RfcOpen>

Type=<A: RFC server is a specific R/3 application server>

ASHOST=<host name of a specific R/3 application server>

SYSNR=<SAP R/3 system number>

Actually with same settings its working fine in our Developemnt instance , while we are gettign this error in our Quality environment. Is there any settings which needs to be done to enable to user to run in stream mode ? i am not aware abt any stream modes settings.

Thanks & Regards ,

Dhaval..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I came across with the same error and thought of posting the solution.

When you are setting the password, dont use numbers and set the password in all CAPS.

It worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Had the same Problem.

The connection works using up to eight characters and CAPS ON.

Our system is Netweaver 701 EHP4. I´ve changed the parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility to test and nothing.

At the end the solution was that.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How exactly did you resolve this issue?

I have the same problem here, and we can figured out what is the issue, we have 2 enviroments, one for dev the other for homologation, in the dev works fine but in the homologation doest, and apparently both are the same seetings, i feel like some permision, or configuration is missing, but once we dont have full access to sap system, we dont know what look for.

If anyone knows how to resolve this, i'll be much thankful.

I'll be waiting for any help, if need, i can call from my skype.

Regards to everyone.

Sds,

Bruno Ricardo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the rfc connection in SM59 , check the user which is used to register the connection , whether its locked and have reqired authorizations , or using correct password , user type ( can check all in SU01 ) . Usually Informatica guys will register the connection so if the password doesnt work , change it in SAP and register it with new password. You can also try password in all CAPS sometimes that will help

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince ,

Thanks fro your reply.

I chnged the password the user id in SAP , after that shoudl i have to re regsiter it again .

Should Informitca gusy do anythign after i reset the password in SAP .

Please let me know how to re register the connection in SAP , if you have to do it.

Thanks & Regards ,

Dhaval..