Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Decryption with DES/CBC Secret Key and Intial Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP 5.0

WAS 6.40

SAP Cryptolib installed

JAVA and ABAP stacks installed

SAP Dispatcher installed

I am having a problem identifying the correct processes needed to decrypt an encrypted xml document/message. The encryption technique seems very primitive; DES/CBC with a secret key and initial value or initialization vector (iv).

I have researched SAP’s cryptography solutions. It seems my decryption requirements do not require PKCS#7public/private keys, certificates, fingerprints, signatures, and envelopes. At SAPTeched2007 it was suggested I use SSF with API processes. I don’t see how the secret key and initial value will work with SSF with API either.

Because I have very basic decryption requirements I am looking at a very basic solution. SAP’s CL_JAVA_SCRIPT class allows me to execute JAVA script to perform the decryption within an ABAP program.

Have I overlooked an existing SAP security solution? Are there problems using the CL_JAVA_SCRIPT class? Am I headed in the right direction?

Thank You for your time,

Jack

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

XML encryption and decryption are available from the JavaSSF library. Please have a look at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4f/65c3b32107964996a56e4165077e24/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Klaus