cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS deployment error for webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried to deploy my first webdynpro application NWDS. But getting following error

"Only Administrators have the right to perform this operation". I'm sure I'm using admin user. but wonder what went wrong here.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luver,

Check out this thread, although it gives the same solution as given above:

Bye

Ankur

Do reward points for helpful answers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you mean to look into visual tool->UME or portal->UM?

As I said earlier, I could not find 'adminstrators' group in portal->UM.

Then I logged into visual tool where all editing options are disabled(i.e all content is showed in read only mode). So I can do any editing there.

Not sure what to add the user in admin group.

Please help me.

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tech Luver,

Go to http://localhost:50000/useradmin -> click 'Groups'-> Search for 'Administrators' group-> then add user id 'admin' to this group.

hope this is clearer now.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED SOLVED!!!!

As many other threads suggests, I tried to solve it by adding the admin user to "administrators" group. I could not find that group. But I can see SAP_J2EE_ADMIN group and added it to the user. Still issue was not solved(one person in the forum said that SAP_J2EE_ADMIN group is for j2ee engine and administrators group is for ABAB engine. Is this true??)

At last I can solve this problem with following fix.

In config tool->security store->admin/user/DEVproperty, J2EE_ADMIN id was mentioned. But I was using different user(sapadmin) with super admin role in NWDS.

So I updated config tool->security store->admin/user/DEVproperty with sapadmin and its password, bounced the server. Then solved got solved!!!

Anyway Thanks a lot to whoever took time to reply me. It really helps the beginner like me to learn.

I really appreciate it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tech Luver,

add the 'admin' user id or whatever your SDM ID is called to Administrators Group in UME.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. But there is no "administrators" group.

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tech Luver,

yes there is, go to the J2EE Engine UME. It's created by default for all installations, try searching admin group.

Regards,

Raj