Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Pass data from one screen to other using Module Pool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an Issue.I have to make changes in standard transaction CIC0 (Complaints) in CRM.For that i have to add a new field 'Product Hierarchy' on 2 screens.

1. Fast entry screen

2.Customer fields screen

This field 'Product Hierarchy' should get populated depending on other field 'Product'.

The 'Product Hierarchy' field on Fast entry screen is populated by fetching the data from a Function Module with input as 'Product'.

The 'Product Hierarchy' field on Customer fields screen is populated using a BADI.

There is a condition that when for a 'Product' the respective 'Product hierarchy' field is empty user should be able to select a value from F4 help.

The problem is I am unable to relate this 2 screens having the same field 'Product Hierarchy'. When i select some value in 'Product hierarchy' using F4 on Fast entry screen the same value should appear on the Customer fields screen as well and vice-versa.But this is not happening.I am able to put 2 different values in 2 different screens having same Field name 'Product Hierarchy' which is not acceptable.The screen field name for both the fields are same.

Is some thing missing in the PBO and PAI?Do i need to do any kind of validations.

Please send me your valuable replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for fields which r common in both screens then declare as global variable of same type at SE38 program.

And at PAI of 1st screen get this value to global variable declared at SE38 and

at PBO of 1st screen assign this value to that screen field(product) and same field of 2nd screen(product).

Regards,

Vijay.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a wild guess.. try using GET And SET parameter for the Fields.

Regards,

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for fields which r common in both screens then declare as global variable of same type at SE38 program.

And at PAI of 1st screen get this value to global variable declared at SE38 and

at PBO of 1st screen assign this value to that screen field(product) and same field of 2nd screen(product).

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is done using a Badi CRM_CUSTOMER_I_BADI method CRM_CUSTOMER_I_MERGE using field-symbols.