Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to TRansport the newly added entries in a VIEW / tbl?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Am working with a Z_my_tbl - table, which contains the entries of all smartform names.

This z_my_tbl properties r,

<i><b>Delivary: L - Table for storing temporary data, delivered empty

Display/Maintenance Allowed,

Tech settings:

APP1 - Transactional data

Storage: 0</b></i>

Its having the View with same name!!

So, now, some one added the New Entries in this view!!

So, now, I need to Transport them-new entries to Test box, so, I tried, like, SM 30>Transport push button> but, am getting error as <i><b>Delivary class L TR not poosible</b></i>

pls. let me know Hoe to TR the newly addedd entries?

thanq.

Message was edited by:

Srikhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

When you are creating any Table at that time you are specifying the Delivery class. So it will going to store it in the particular allocated space in the actual database (RDBMS) when you will activate it..

After activation of the object in data dictionary if you will change its delivery class then it will not going to move its location in actual database. So there will not be any impact of it.

Cheers..

I think your problem is solved now..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

7 REPLIES 7

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer below thread..

hope it will solve your problem...

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change the Delivery Class to 'C' and Keep the settings 'standard recording routine' in the table maintenance generator.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

thanq,

as i said, it contians all smartforms, I guess, many times, it requires to add/modify the entries in it!!

So, changing the Delivary class is good option, after asking lead/functional owner!!

But, pls let me know that, If I chaneg from L to C delivary class, Are there any consequences/impacts on any??

thanq.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't forsee any impact of changing the Delivery Class of the Database table.

You can safely change the Delivery Class to C.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikhar,

Go Precisely through the 2nd link which i have posted if you wanna do it through Transport request only and if you wanted to do it thorough programming then go for the 1st link..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7

0 Kudos

thanq,

as i said, it contians all smartforms, I guess, many times, it requires to add/modify the entries in it!!

So, changing the Delivary class is good option, after asking lead/functional owner!!

But, pls let me know that, If I chaneg from L to C delivary class, Are there any consequences/impacts on any??

thanq.

former_member387317
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar,

When you are creating any Table at that time you are specifying the Delivery class. So it will going to store it in the particular allocated space in the actual database (RDBMS) when you will activate it..

After activation of the object in data dictionary if you will change its delivery class then it will not going to move its location in actual database. So there will not be any impact of it.

Cheers..

I think your problem is solved now..

Thanks & Regards

ilesh 24x7