cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning accounting document type to billing document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I wish to know where is the accounting document type assigned to the billing document type.

In VOFA, we can assign the accounting document type to a billing document type.. However, even if we havent assigned a document type here and create a billing document, there is an accounting document created.

I guess there must be an assignment done in FI as well.

Can anyone help me please?

Useful answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Ronald.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi Ronald,

Thats the standard one

If you didnt maintain any value (document type) in the field that automatically transfers to Accounting Document type RV

If you need to change the document type from RV you have to maintain the value here.

Refered from Siemens material.

Reward if Helpfull.

Regards

Muthupandiyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thank you for your inputs. I did reward points to all.

Best regards,

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ronald,

the aaignment is done in vofa but the std SAP stystem comes with predefined doc types against each SD doc. tyr this path-financial accntingbasic settings-documentdoc typedefine doc type for entry view. here you can find all teh accnting doc types. notice there is no option for ne assignmnts here.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign an FI document type when maintaining the billing types.

If you do not make an entry, the system automatically assigns document type ‘RV’.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ronald,

Its SAP Standard, IF we maintain an FI Document type for a biling doc, it will pick it up or else it will consider RV as the document type . Below are the statements from SAP Help.

Determining the FI Document Type from the Billing Type

You can assign an FI document type when maintaining the billing types.

If you do not make an entry, the system automatically assigns document type ‘RV’.

You can check in the link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_01/helpdata/en/dd/561393545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

So don't try to see the config where it was maintained as RV. Its Default.

Hope you r clear with ur doubt.

Regards,

Ajai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

it is with RV in the document type in VOFA.

If there is no information in this field, the system will continue to transfer the document type RV to

Financial Accounting across the FI/CO interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think it is with the help of revenue account determination where the g/l accounts and account keys are assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanx for your reply. However, it is not assigned in account determination. Let me know in case you find any other solution.

Thanx and best regards,

Ronnie