cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I try to create scenario RFC xi Web service.

I imported the RFC (open order) and I try to go throw this web log:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

But is not detailed enough for me.

My goal in this scenario is to show that is possible to exteriorize data from our R\3 to with web service.

May I need to use with external programs (like xml spy) or I can complete this scenario without using external program?

I'll happy to hear any idea how to implement, step by step, this scenario.

Regards

Elad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elad,

You donot require any external tools.

Repository:

1. Import RFC ( Outbound Side)

2. Import Webservice ( WSDL) ( Inobound Side).

3. Create the Message Interface using Message Type from WSDL above.

4. Create the Necessary Mapping Programs.

Directory:

1. All the steps have to be maintained.

2. For Inbound Communication Channel for Webservice you require the SOAP Adapter.

<b>In the connection Parametres</b>

Target URL: Locate <soap:address location> in WSDL and enter the value here.

<b>Under Conversion Parameters:</b>

Select Use Query String.

Enter the SOAP Action: Name of the Message You are using!!!!

To check the above values in WSDL you can open the same with IE as well.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SriHari,

Thank you very much for your help.

From where I can import the WSDL ?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

Now for trying out a sample scenario go to <a href="http://www.webserviceX.NET">http://www.webserviceX.NET</a> on the lefthand side you will see webservices click on any one service you will find the WSDL Location for that service. Download the same and play.

I guess for trying out the scenarios create a ZRFC which suits the Webservice you choose.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I entered to the site and I found lot off WSDL file but I'm not really understand how I can continue from here.

How can this WSDL help me to create scenario from open order to web service?

Have a way to create this WSDL in XI?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Elad,

You cannot use any of these webservices for open orders in sap.

So is the reason why I said create a ZRFC and then download one webservice proceed accordingly.

For example Currency Convertor. Create a RFC or Proxy and send a currency type from SAP and get the valid Conversion Rate for the same using the service dowloaded above.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

And in real life,

If I want to create WSDL file for open order?

How can I do it?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Elad,

In real time you will have to identify what you want to do with open order data.

Suppose you want to insert data into a database. For this ideally you would use a JDBC adapter lets suppose we cannot use the adapter here due to technical issues. Then we will ask the database consultants to expose a webservice on the database which has a definition to accept your open order data.

They will create a webservice for you and will send you a WSDL definition. Now using this definition you will identify what are the values the service is expecting, location of the WSDL where XI has to point to.

All you have to do as mentioned above is map the data from SAP open order to that of the web service definition which you will import into your IR.

So when you execute the scenario open order data passes through mapping calls the SOAP adapter on the inbound side uses the Tartget URL which you have mentioned in the Communication Channel and inserts the data into database.

Let me know if that explains.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SriHari,

My goal in this scenario right now is to create some kind off web page.

If I Click on this web page I received data from open order RFC.

Now I found the way to create WSDL file.

(in the end sections in this web log /people/dmitry.govberg/blog/2006/12/20/mainframe-and-sap-integration--the-synchronous-case)

Do you have any idea how I can continues from here?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I try to end with this scenario (RFC--> XI --> WebService).

I try to do the steps in this weblog:

/people/dmitry.govberg/blog/2006/12/20/mainframe-and-sap-integration--the-synchronous-case

Is possible to work with WSDL if i work with R3 4.6?

How can I do it without sproxy?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad,

yes u can create.....

i will suggest u to try these weblogs by Sharbashis,These are very simple and easy to understand blogs.....

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 1)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

RFC -> XI -> WebService - A Complete Walkthrough (Part 2)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3388 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Yes u can do it without proxy.

The scenario of the above weblog is ...in RFC u will have FROM ZIP and TO ZIP code (zip codes of any two city in USA)...and u will pass the value of FROMZIP and TOZIP to Distance Websercice(which calcuates distance based on ZIP code) via XI.as output u will get the distance.....

DO it...All the best

regrads

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I start my journey with this very good blog.

But I looking the way to create my own WSDL and to publish this WSDL in the net.

In this weblog they use with already created WSDL.

Any idea?

Regards

Elad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I succeed to publish WSDL file.

I work with this weblog:

/people/dmitry.govberg/blog/2006/12/20/mainframe-and-sap-integration--the-synchronous-case

Regards

Elad Peleg