cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data extraction from Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have to extract data from legacy database tables. I need to apply a lot of conditions on data extraction using SQL statements for getting only valid master data, transaction data, SAP date format etc. Unfortunately I don;t have a luxary of accessing legacy system data base table to create table views and applying select statements.

Is there anyother way round by which I can filter data on source system side w/o getting into legacy system. I mean being in BW data source side.

I am suppose to use both UD connect and DB connect to test which will workout better way of data extraction. But my question above should be same in either interface.

This is very urgent as we are in design phase.

Points will be rewarded immediately.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Shail

Message was edited by:

Shail

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shail,

If you cannot filter/transform data in the source system you will have to do that in SAP BI. You can do filering when you are loading data into SAP BI. And I would suggest using DBCONNECT if the database is supported.

-Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I and eveyone know that it can be done in BI.

I apologize that I did not mention it in my question.

I am looking for very specific answer, if there is any trick we can do on source system side from BI. Or where we can insert SQL statements in infopackage or data source.

Thanks