cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recipe and BOM mismatch URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We created a costing (Usage 6)BOM for a recipe via CS01, and then created a Production Version via C223, and then locked the costing Production Version. Now after the process Order Release, the system will not allow the process Order to be printed; it gives a "Recipe and BOM mismatch..." error.

I have checked the Lot sizes and validity dates, but nothing seems out of place, and we created the costing BOM, and PV, we did not change any of the existing Recipes or BOM. All we did was attached the costing BOM to an existing Recipe via a Production Version

Please advise how to fix this issue.

I would greatly appreciate a quick response

Regards

Madagex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madagex,

As suggested check the production version which was used for the process order, hope that is not the same PV which was locked. You can check the PV in the Process order header details - Master Data tab

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thank you for all your responses, however, I have already checked and rechecked all areas mentioned. The PV is correct; i.e. not the one that is locked, not the one to be used for costing. The process order shows the correct PV and its corresponding BOM in the master data tab. Is there some OSS note that needs to be applied? Could it have anything to do with the printing program, and for some reason it is picking up the costing BOM, or could this be triggered by something entirely different?

Regards

Madagex

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madagex,

Please take the help of an ABAP person to analyse more on this problem.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudagex,

I think the problem is with the BOM usage. In general "1 for production". If you want the BOM to be used for costing also then select usage "3 universal".

Please change the BOM usage to 3 and try.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murugesan,

Thank you for your response. However, the BOM usage is kept "6" because we wanted the BOM to be used only for costing. The additional costing BOM has different component quantities than the production BOM. If that was not a requirement we could have used the Production BOM without any issues. The costing BOMs were created in order to have alternative component quantities reflected in the cost of some of the Material.

All that being said, I do not know why is the system generating the "Recipe and BOM mismatch.." error. The Master Data tab in the process order shows the correct BOM and Recipe, and the correct BOM alternative.

They are able to create and Release the Process Order, but for some crazy reason are not able to print it.

I have suggested that they mark the costing BOM to be inactive, and if that does not work either, we can just delete the production version all together, hopefully, we would not have to delete the PV.

I hope there is a better solution for this out there somewhere, and somebody who knows about it can let me in on the secret.

Thanks

Madagex

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

The issue was that they were using a custom transaction and that had some weird validation logic built in it. We have decided to delete the PVs instead of trying to fix the custom program.

Thanks for everyones input

Madagex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the prdocess order as to which production version it had picked.

Regards

YMREDDY