cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Netweaver 2004 installed, as well as, all the other components, of which none are being utilized. My question is, what steps do I take to incorporate these components, my company is looking to use Solution Manager, CRM, and BI for starters? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have a business case, I need to begin using Solution Manager and CRM.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Install Solution Manager first, you will need it because you will need to generate a Solution Manager key for the CRM during CRM installation.

The official installation guides (and the corresponding therein mentioned notes) contain everything that you need to get started:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I come from the R/3 World so bear with me. How does one begin to use these, Solution Manager, CRM, etc, if Netweaver is the base?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually the approach is not "what can I do with the system" but "I have the need XY, which system to I need to enable my clients/customers/company to do that".

Do you have a business case or do you just want to "try out"?

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don´t quite get that question.

CRM is a product for Customer Relation Ship Management, BI is "Business Intelligence", Solman CAN be used to implement those. Netweaver is the "base" for those systems; what do you mean with "all the other components, of which non are being utilized"?

--

Markus