cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding Vendor Number's Data element and its table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey GURUS

I want to fine Vendor number's table and Material number's table. which are the parent tables of thease two field.

And i really want to know , how can we search for table for these two fields or any other fields.

please provide me the procedure how to find base table?

Thanks in Advance

Niks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

welcome to SDN forum

for Vendor Number - <b>LFA1</b> table

Material Number -<b>MARA</b>

customer No - <b>KNA1</b>

these are the basic master tables in SAP to deal with any business

with the data element of the table field you can search the table name from SE11

or enter the field descriptions in DD03L and DD03T table and search for the respective tables

Reward if useful

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for inform me about tables but i have question that,,

if i user come to me and give me query that i wanted these kind of fields and i don't have the fields description i mean he said i wanted plant no.. then is ther any trial and error method to fiend out the table from only this much information.

Example:

User wants to enter two field like vendor no and material no and he wants fields like vendor code, material code, PO no, PO date in display list. so ABAP dev. has to write a report program. but he has only this much of informatio. now from the ABAP dev. view how can he find the tables of these all fields. so is there any trial error method , so he can search for Base tables for thoose fields.

I hope u getting me...

Thanks for Co-operation

Niks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto Se11

select DATA TYPE

press F4 there

select SEARCH FOR DATA ELEMENTS

But you should have some basic SAP related Busniess info regarding some basic tables

Like I told already without CUSTOMER,VEndor,material NO BUSINESS TAKES PLACE.

So it is minimum thing to know the master tables of these three.

Regards

Anji

Answers (0)