cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Trial Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My customer manufacturers Industrial Machinery and Components.

As part of the business practice, he receives trial components from his customers.

These trial components are not part of the valuation.

On the same trial components he performs a test on the machine which is manufactured.

Now, we have to track the trial components which came in and went out. Sometimes the trial components can come with excise invoice and sometimes can only come with a delivery challan.

When they come with excise invoice they need to go with excise invoice.

How do we map this scenario !? Any suggestions, please forward

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I need to use Variant Configuration only in selling and i am using it already.

Now, i just need to track the incoming material from the customer end. This can come with Excise, if it comes with excise then RG23A needs to be updated.

This can also come w/o excise, i.e; on Delivery Challan. Then no excise registers need to be updated.

After this some testing is done using these incoming materials on the machine i manufactured and the machine is proven to the customer.

Now i will dispatch the machine with invoice and excise invoice.

After this i will send out the customer supplied materials also back to the customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Since ur client uses the trial components from his customer for manufacturing the machine.

U can use variant configuration.

Ie., ur client manufacture the machine, so create the material master with KMAT material type with one of the charactertics has trial components.

hence when sale order is created with the aprticular material, the charatertics will also come into picture.

But this has some advantage & demerits also

1. If u use VC the excise in for entire material

2. Even teh Delivery challan

This may work, i have posted my suggestion. U will get may suggestions from other also.

please revert

regards,

Arun prasad

Message was edited by:

arun prasad