cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRMG shutting down and last measurement too old

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a few problems with the GRMG. I am trying to implement the best "J2EE down" monitor.

1) Scenario shutting down

When the webserver/j2ee that is checked is down (not responsing at all, like for instnace in the first minutes after system start), the GRMG shuts the scenario down (red cross) - should it not keep running and report an unavailability instead ?

When shutting scenario down, the "status" or "availability" of the GRMG-http service remains green until the value becomes obsolete, so I can't use any of these to for alerting (alone at least).

From what I see, i need to use 2 MTE's to report j2ee down, something like: If GRMG-selfmonitor-scenario executed = ok then (if HTTP-status not OK then ALERT) else ALERT - not very attractive..

2) Measurements too old

Every so often, I get a heartbeat alert on the "status" MTE of the HTTP service, due to no data received within the specified amount of seconds (420 in my current setup). This happens perhaps 2 or 3 times pr 24 hours. This means two things, a) faulty alerts due to service is running OK and b) unreliable monitoring, since it takes too long to discover service down.

I see the method is GRMG_TRIGGER which calls GRMG_START_SCENARIOS - but I can't figure out who / what decides how often to do the actual measurements...? Should be every minute IMO, and I tried to set the MTE to be called every 60 seconds, but this does not make any difference...

Any hints ? thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again and thanks for fast reply.

There is only one occurence of this file, and it is a template for some SAPIKS stuff. ALso this doesn't contain parameters for the GRMG itself, only URL and stuff for that specific scenario, no timing parameters.

Are there some "global GRMG" parameters somewhere or something like that ?

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Per,

There are two aspects to GRMG Availability Monitoring,

1 is the GRMG Infrastructure, which is parto f your CCMS hence I believe the global settings you are looking for might be in the CCMS parameters.

2 Is the GRMG Application which performs the actual monitoring. (JSP, BSP or servlet)

The GRMG Infrastructure simply sends an http request to this application which has a defined interface and the response is displayed in your CCMS Heartbeat monitor.

The GRMG application runs separately than the component itself so you can find out if the application is malfunctioning or the GRMG agent itself has issues.

Please go to this link for appropriate setting up of GRMG

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/80/de84429069de54e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Hope this helps

Regards

Shantanu A Sardeshmukh

Message was edited by:

Shantanu Sardeshmukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Per,

All the parameter settings for the GRMG are stored in the xml "grmg-customizing.xml"

You can edit this file using Visual Administrator.It is saved in /usr/sap/prfclog/GRMG

Once you edit it (and if you find the right parameters since I have never done this myself),

you can upload it again manually through Tx GRMG or from VA automatically considering you already have the SAPCCMSR agent configured.

Hope this information helps

Award points if helpful

Regards

Shantanu