cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finance related Queries - SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We are using SAP Business One 2005B in India.

1) How can we do contra account transactions in SAP Business One.

2) What is an Variance Account. for eg:- if i raise an purchase a/p invoice, sometimes the variance account is posted in journal entry. why does that happen? only the vendor a/c should be debited and inventory a/c should be credited. then what is this variance a/c?

3) How can we do excise in sap business one. is it just creating an tax code for it.

when i created a tax code for the excise + education cess on excise. Then use it in purchase a/p invoice and then try to add the transaction, it says the item is not excisable item. The tax amount is calculating properly in the tax field. But with the same item code in purchase a/p invoice with some other tax code, the transaction is getting saved. I have checked the item in item master, it is not marked as excisable.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1) How can we do contra account transactions in SAP Business One.

What do mean by Contra Account transactions, could be a little specific?

2) What is an Variance Account. for eg:- if i raise an purchase a/p invoice, sometimes the variance account is posted in journal entry. why does that happen? only the vendor a/c should be debited and inventory a/c should be credited. then what is this variance a/c?

In Business One the the AP Invoice can be directly created direct after PO or after Goods Receipt PO.

<b>Scenario 1</b>

If you create AP Invoice directly from PO, then your statement is correct the Journal Entry should be Inventory Account (Dr) - Vendor A/C (Cr). But if you are using a Standard Costing for the Item and if the Purchase price is different than the Standard Cost set in the Item Master then the Journal Entry will post to <b>Variance Account</b> for the difference.

<b>Scenario 2</b>

If you create AP Invoice as <b>PO > Goods Receipt PO > AP Invoice.</b> then the allocation account is involved in the Goods Receipt PO, an allocation account is a current liability account and is generally worded as "Goods Received not Invoiced A/C". You set this Account in the G/L Account determination. It is possible that the Variance Account is wrongly set as the Allocation Account and thats why the JE is posting to Variance Account.

I hope this helps.

Suda