Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification Specification missing in Source structure!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm Saikumar.

I'm doing LSMW (in that recording for MAP1 and MAP2 transactions).

I've created 2 source structures ZMAP1_SOURCE and ZMAP2_SOURCE and also assigned some fields.

I created only one flat file for these 2 source structures and I've assigned to them.

But When I'm reading the data...it is giving the error<b> Identification Specification missing in Source structure ZMAP1_SOURCE</b>...

Can any give me a solution to this error in detail.

Thanks in Advance....

1 REPLY 1

varun_maharshi
Active Participant

Sai when we create two structures and assign it to the same file we need to specify an identifier for SAP which will specify which structure to use. Normally it will be done at the time of creation of the Source fields. when you create that there will be a field Identifying field values there you need to give the value to that.

eg. If you have file with two hierarchial elements

H a b c

I 1 2 3 5 6

where H and I denotes the hierarchy what you need to do is you need to set the identifying field values for the Header structure as H and for the Item structure as I. SAP automatically checks and populates the values..