Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I WANT TO DO WORK ON BDC. CAN ANBODY TELL ME WHAT IT IS AND HOW IT IS CREATED,HE OR SHE HELPING ME OUT WITH BEST EXAMPLE WILL BE DEFINATLEY REWARDED.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench) is the tool that is used to upload the data to SAP..

And BDC (BATCH DATA COMMUNICATION) is one of the techniques used in the transaction LSMW...

Other techniques in LSMW are BAPI , Direct input program..which can also be used LSMW to upload data..

Thanks

Naren

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link..which explains how to create a BDC program

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/learning-bdc-programming.htm

http://sap.niraj.tripod.com/id50.html

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for ur help and 1 thing more i want to know about dat is what is d basic differrence b/w lsmw and bdc,as i am having little knowledge about it ,i also wanna know which is more used dese days so dat i can practice on dat,if u provide me solution to it ,i will defiantely reward u again.

regards

0 Kudos

LSMW - It is tool and you can upload the data using LSMW,No need to use any programming logic here,some times we need to write little bit coding here.

BDC - it is method ,here you have to write the code based on input fields.

LSMW - you can use LSMW for few transaction like mainly master data,other than this you have to use BDC.

Hope it will help you

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

LSMW (Legacy System Migration Workbench) is the tool that is used to upload the data to SAP..

And BDC (BATCH DATA COMMUNICATION) is one of the techniques used in the transaction LSMW...

Other techniques in LSMW are BAPI , Direct input program..which can also be used LSMW to upload data..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

hi,

according to ur awnser i think i should go for lsmw which i think will be more useful d little concept of bdc will come under it.

if u think i am right den den do suggest me..waiting for ur reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for d help to both of u and i hope dat u iwill help me out in near future as i am new to abap programming.