cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table SWWWIHEAD cannot be written URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

All my workflows are failing with this error. It says that the workflow engine is not able to create entries in this table because of duplicate entries error.

When I go to the workflow log, I see work items numbers such as 356, 357 etc where as the maximum work item number that is there in the table till yesterday was 1257999. It looks till for the workflows which are in process or the new workflows that are starting are not picking up the next number which should be 1258000 but instead using lower numbers that are available in the table such as 357 etc and then failing with duplicate entry message when trying to insert records in SWWWIHEAD.

Can anyone help me with this? This is in production environment and kind of URGENT. I will award sufficient award points for the person who points us in right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhooma/Kjethil,

Thanks a lot for your response. But the 'Maintain Prefix Numbers' under 'Maintain Definition Enviroment' is never maintained is SWU3. It has a red cross against it. When I check the entried, there is nothing for workflow work items. It has some prefix numbers for various SAP systems and client.

I do not think the work item id is coming from here. Can you please check and let me know? For some reason there is no work items that are getting generated in the system. Also I see lot of dumps in ST22 with insert to SWW_CONT failed message. These inserts are failing due to duplicate entry message. I am not sure why the workflow are trying to create entries again in this table when it is already there.

Sridhar Jami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Look at transaction SWUW. This is where the Number Range is maintained for Work Items.

Regards

Bhooma

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did of course not mean the prefix maintained in SWU3, I meant the number range for work items. See Bhooma's reply for transaction code.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a bunch to Booma and Kjetil. The problem is resolved after reseting the number range for work items. We are still trying to figure out how this number range is messed up but that is beyond the scope of this discussion.

Appreciate your help. Points awarded.

Sridhar Jami

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all: <u>never</u> use the u***** word in your question subjects. Read the guidelines if you won't take my word for it.

My guess is that your number range information has been reset somehow. Check the number range and, if necessary, update the latest number used. That should solve your problem, but I suppose the workflows that have failed will have to be started again as new flows (but trying a restart of the existing flow shouldn't hurt).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

You setup the prefix numbers for Workflow Objects in transaction SWU3 under Maintain Definition Environment->Maintain Prefix Numbers. Please check if this configuration has changed.

Regards

Bhooma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I want add one more thing which is linked to this problem. The workflow engine was assigning number to the newly work items and when the number reached 1257999 it went back to number 1,2, 3 etc which is causing this problem. The initial numbers are already there in the SWWWIHEAD database and as a result, the workflow is not able to create entries in this table and hence failed with duplicate entry message.

Can anyone tell me why work item assignment got reset? Appreciate your help