Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transactions executable for user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Quite often our users do not know what transactions they can run. How can they produce list of transactions that their roles include if they do not have access to SUIM.

Thanks

Galina

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Functionality which is executable for a user</i> is more important.

But if you are only interested in transaction code authorizations (often field 'TCD'), then you can suggest to the user that they start transaction SA38 or SE16 (as these are sometimes forbidden), and then run /nSu53 to find the others which they don't have, and their menu options, (the sum of which = the transactions they might execute).

Whether they can see the authorizations which they don't have, depends on whether you let them.

Kind regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an after thought:

>> Quite often our users do not know what transactions they can run.

You can create a custom menu for them, which includes those tcodes which are tested and documented to need. That way they are less confused and adventure inclined...

You can even deactivate the standard menu, so that they stick to their roles, and do not confuse themselves and you with requests for 'TCD' access, the functionality of which they already have (but have found a new place to click in the wrong menu)...

If you search this forum for SSM_CUST and the user_menu table, then there are some good posts already from people such as Morten Nielsen (sp?), Alex Ayers and many others (I cannot remember all of their names and posts, but you will find them again using the search).

Kind regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

thanks for your answers.

Galina

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey galina,

its a very simple thing if u have SUIM Access then use the Tab Transactions->executable for user. and then enter the user name its will shows all the transactions of the user.just use the menu to save that to your desktop.save as local file with richtextformat or spreadsheet format and send that list to the user.so that user can have a idea of all the transaction which he can access.this is the good process if you want more information please feel free to reach out me.

Regards

sree

0 Kudos

Sree,

thanks for your reply, but they do not have SUIM.

Galina