cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy ECC 6 system SQL2005/windows2003 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two ECC 6 system SQL2005/windows2003 server. One has id “NRE” and the new one(just installed) has id “NRP”. As well corresponding databases.

However NREDATA1...NREDATA3 and NRELOG1 on c:\

.NRPDATA1...NRPDATA3 are on E:\ and NRPLOG1 on c:\

I would like to have “NRP” with same contens(clients...) like “NRE”. How would you do it step by step?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

First, make a backup of your NRPDATA* and NRPLOG* to another disk or directory (just in case).

Then try replacing NRPDATA* and NRPLOG* files with the NREDATA* and NRELOG* files (or just make a copy and then rename them). Everything has to be done having NRP and NRE systems (and services) down (offline copy).

Start your services and sap systems and try both of them. Since is Windows and MS SQL Server it should work fine. I remember I had done a similar thing in the past.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

The only supported way to do this is to do a homogeneous system copy of the system as per the system copy guide. You can do this using Database tools if you wish, but it must be done in conjunction with an export of your Java stack (if you have one) as much of your java exists on the filesystem and not in the database.

If this is a dual stack system then you must completely remove the existing system before copying over the source system onto the target server.

Your best source of insformation for this can be found on the SAP Service Market Place

http:
service.sap.com\systemcopy

Please refer to the media library section and download the document for your OS and DB combination.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

David