Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Support Message "Closed" status Validations

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the support message, there is a user status "Closed". Once this status is applied, the message is closed and no changes are allowed in the document.

I have a scenario, wherein I have to validate some fields when this status "closed" is set. In case the validations fail, I have to prevent saving of the document, allow user to change the field so that next validation is successful and document can be saved with closed status.

I have implemented the ORDER_SAVE BAdI and checked for all field validations in the method CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE.

This works fine and doesnt allow the user to save the document.

But since status closed doesnt allow changes, user cannot fix the errors and move ahead. He has to exit from the document without saving, re-open the document, fix the errors and then save the document.

Is there any method to allow changing field values with Status "Closed" or any other suggestion on how I should go about it.

Regards,

Reema.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Reema

this u have to use IMG > CRM>Transactions? Status Manageemnt>Def Satus for User Mangement

reward if gelpful

Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

able to solve?

Reward with points

Venkat

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your answer helped me think in a direction and i solved using some of my logic..

have awarded u appropriate points.

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved with the help of hints in the responses.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Try using the BADI Of Status change. This Badi shall get triggerred everytime a user tries to change the status to Closed. Copy the same logic u have used in Order_save.

The difference will be, the status cannot be changed to closed until and unless the validations are successful.You can through an error message to complete the required fields.

Wish the information is useful.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan